Chef Forum banner

What do the Irish eat on St Patty's day? ...

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  blackfish 
#1 ·
... they don't eat anything! They drink! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

See less See more
#4 ·
copy cat(LOL) i posted link to same video yesterday where chef was looking for ideas.

the whole series is a hoot, great spot to check out if you need a good laugh.

here is a link to some Irish recipes : http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/2Indx.html

their recommended Saint Patrick's Day meal:

Appetizer: Dublin Bay Prawn Cocktail
Entrée: West Cork Pork with Cranberry meade Applesauce
Vegetables: Potatoes boiled in their jackets and baby carrots
Soda Bread: A Taste of Ireland - Soda Bread
Dessert: Baileys Chocolate Trifle
Beverages: Chilled Chardonnay with the appetizer or Harps Lager for the beer drinkers. Mead with the main course and Irish coffee with dessert. Irish Coffee

#6 ·
copy cat(LOL) i posted link to same video yesterday where chef was looking for ideas.

the whole series is a hoot, great spot to check out if you need a good laugh.

here is a link to some Irish recipes : http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/2Indx.html

their recommended Saint Patrick's Day meal:

Appetizer: Dublin Bay Prawn Cocktail
Entrée: West Cork Pork with Cranberry meade Applesauce
Vegetables: Potatoes boiled in their jackets and baby carrots
Soda Bread: A Taste of Ireland - Soda Bread
Dessert: Baileys Chocolate Trifle
Beverages: Chilled Chardonnay with the appetizer or Harps Lager for the beer drinkers. Mead with the main course and Irish coffee with dessert. Irish Coffee
Wow... great minds! ;) I don't think I got there from your post though, it all started with me watching videos of American kids eating French breakfasts.... and I ended up finding that one.

Yes the series is fun, even if not totally accurate (I grew up in France and I don't think I've ever had any of the kind of "French breakfast" they were saying French kids eat).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.