What do the Irish eat on St Patty's day? ...

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

Funny!

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I had Irish friends back in the 80's in NYC and it was blood pudding, bangers and mash and guinness and sometimes Scottish smoked salmon if someone was flying back from Ireland.  Really brilliant eating and oh so good.

Last edited:
Joined Jan 25, 2013

... they don't eat anything! They drink! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

copy cat(LOL)  i posted link to same video yesterday where chef was looking for ideas.

the whole series is a hoot, great spot to check out if you need a good laugh.

here is a link to some Irish recipes : http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/2Indx.html

their recommended Saint Patrick's Day meal:

Appetizer:  Dublin Bay Prawn Cocktail
Entrée:  West Cork Pork with Cranberry meade Applesauce
Vegetables:  Potatoes boiled in their jackets and baby carrots
Soda Bread: A Taste of Ireland - Soda Bread
Dessert:  Baileys Chocolate Trifle
Beverages:  Chilled Chardonnay with the appetizer or Harps Lager for the beer drinkers. Mead with the main course and Irish coffee with dessert. Irish Coffee

Joined Sep 5, 2008

copy cat(LOL)  i posted link to same video yesterday where chef was looking for ideas.

the whole series is a hoot, great spot to check out if you need a good laugh.

here is a link to some Irish recipes : http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/2Kitch/2Indx.html

their recommended Saint Patrick's Day meal:

Appetizer:  Dublin Bay Prawn Cocktail
Entrée:  West Cork Pork with Cranberry meade Applesauce
Vegetables:  Potatoes boiled in their jackets and baby carrots
Soda Bread: A Taste of Ireland - Soda Bread
Dessert:  Baileys Chocolate Trifle
Beverages:  Chilled Chardonnay with the appetizer or Harps Lager for the beer drinkers. Mead with the main course and Irish coffee with dessert. Irish Coffee

Wow... great minds! ;) I don't think I got there from your post though, it all started with me watching videos of American kids eating French breakfasts.... and I ended up finding that one. 

Yes the series is fun, even if not totally accurate (I grew up in France and I don't think I've ever had any of the kind of "French breakfast" they were saying French kids eat). 

Joined Mar 3, 2017
Haha, nice one.

I wonder if these people are living in the states or Ireland though, that could definitely change their perception.

I have to say, sometimes their accept is so thick I can barely understand them 

Top Bottom