What do people think about the new Chef's Tool?

Joined Feb 8, 2003
I keep seeing on Foodtv a new Chef's tool, supposed to replace about five different tools in the kitchen; and I was hoping someone might have purchased it? Could you please let us know what you think it is worth the money they're asking for it?
I especially loved the idea that you wrap it around a boiled egg; because my loves to have a boiled egg for breakfast, and taking them out with a spoon is tricky when its such hot water.:)

Joined Jan 5, 2001
No offence, but I had a good laugh when I saw that add!

First of all, it's very expensive for a piece of plastic with some wires. Poor construction if you ask me.

You probably aleady have all these tools in your kitchen drawer; why spend more money for a tool that will loose its novelty after a few days? In it's funtion as tongs, tongs do a better job. In it's function as a spatula, a spatula does a better job, etc etc..

If you have a slotted spoon, you don't need this gadget for your boiled eggs....

Joined Feb 8, 2003
I am grateful that I hadn't wasted my money yet; and no I can't say for sure if it was referred to as the Chef's tool, haven't seen the commercial in a few days.
Another reason I'm glad I found this website, to find such helpful responses, on such questions, as I don't want to do anymore spending this year without good reason, especially when it comes to my favourite hobby, cooking.:blush:

Top Bottom