What do all the threads and links mean?

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by anjela, Dec 2, 2009.

1. anjela

anjela

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    OK so I've done my first post and am new to this forum thingy, underneath this it says tags, what is that for? What it trackback? I can work out the icons!!!!:roll::roll::roll:

Oh should I be doing a poll? When would you use this if you ask a question?

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Anjela, tags aren't important to the main focus here. Some of our members are very knowledgeable about sites like this; I'm not one of them. :) You don't need to post anything but your message.

A poll would be used only if you are trying to gather information about such topics as which pots and pans to buy; is something better than something else, etc.

I've got nearly 10,000 posts here, and I use none of that "geeky" stuff! I don't even know how to Twitter, for that matter. You'll get along fine here by just reading and posting.

3. anjela

anjela

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    Thanks for the info, I've got a way to go before I catch up with your posts thats sometime spent on this site!:roll::roll::roll:

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I hope that helped!

As for the number of posts: as the moderator of the Welcome Forum I have many opportunities to write greetings to new members. Based on the pace at which we're growing, I'll be at 10,000 posts in no time. :D However, for me, the best part beyond moderating is just reading all the culinary knowledge here!