What did you have for dinner?

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I made mussels today. I made a mirepoix with a brunoise of onion, carrot, celery, jalapeno, and garlic. Softened in evoo till tender then added white wine and parsley. I added the mussels and after they were done I removed then reduced the poaching liquid and added a pad of butter and reduced until silky. I made some blackened wax beans and served with slices of crusty baguette. A lovely meal really and well we didn't have room for desert.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 13, 2012
A little club sandwich - no center toast don't need the extra carbs. Garden tomato, bacon, smoked cornish hen, home made basil mayo, greens and mustard. What a nice way to use leftovers.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I made shrimp tacos topped with the ginger lime slaw from my challenge entry. Really tasty especially with a drizzle of garlic Cholula hot sauce.

Joined May 4, 2005
I used to love making dinner, with a glass of wine on the side, but I've fallen pregnant and my relationship with food has become very complicated. I'm surviving by the minute over here.

So, tonight, it was boxed chicken noodle soup from trader Joe's, and the chicken in it is very dry.
The last dinner I cooked was some shrimp scampi I went crazy with, and by the time I sat down to eat it, I didn't even want to look at it.
Lol!!

Joined Apr 25, 2011
Day one of hurricane supply food. Meats are mostly processed so tonight’s dinner: Chicago Brats. I didn’t have poppy seed buns and forgot celery salt, but not bad for emergency rations. Lol.

60A88A51-8576-4E52-9B77-AD68B0DF7E28.jpeg
Fresh Brat, Neon Relish, Sport Peppers, Pickle, Tomato, Onion, Yellow Mustard,
Giardiniera Hot Blend.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 13, 2012
I did a mashup of Cottage Pie with German Potato salad topping. The potatoes were leftover from the night before. I ground sirloin and bacon together then did my mirepoix, meat back in, flour, red wine and chicken stock. Mashed the potatoes with sour cream and chicken stock and assembled in ramekins. Quite good I must say, and I have half left over.

Last edited:
Joined Aug 21, 2004
I did a mashup of Cottage Pie with German Potato salad topping. The potatoes were leftover from the night before. I ground sirloin and bacon together then did my mirepoix, meat back in, flour, red wine and chicken stock. Mashed the potatoes with sour cream and chicken stock and assembled in ramekins. Quite good I must say, and I have half left over.
Man I love stuff like this. Utilizing leftovers is the best benchmark of a persons skills and creativity. Goodatcha!
“The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.”
― Calvin Trillin

Joined Apr 25, 2017
We were going to have pineapple grilled chicken, but the rain came on earlier than expected, so we used the last of the buttermilk to fry the chicken and made mashed potatoes and green peas to go with. I love when an unplanned meal works so well.

Joined May 5, 2010
I had some friends from out of town over for Lebanese lunch, yesterday. We dined outside on Kibbeh Nayeh, stuffed grape leaves, lebneh with Z'atar spice in olive oli, hummus, and of course, home made pita bread.

IMG_5883.JPG

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I sous vide a piece of tenderloin then seared it in a hot skillet. In the bag went a carrot, stalk of celery, shallot, garlic, thyme, parsley and some cooked off red wine. The meat was delicious and the bag jus made a splendid sauce. Brussels sprouts sauteed in bacon and fresh corn sauteed with frying pepper, jalapeno and onion for the other side. Meat was very moist and tender and the flavor was excellent for grass fed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom