What did you have for dinner?

Joined Jul 13, 2012
In honor of National Pizza Day I made Detroit style Pizza.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
Sunday I pretty much have the house to myself. We had a butternut squash, two sweet potatoes, apples (Macintosh), etc. I thawed out a small venison roast and I had half of a Russet in water in the icebox. While the veg were roasting off -

I made a marinade with red wine, a splash of cider vinegar, one Macintosh apple, sliced garlic, sliced small carrot, celery, thyme, parsley, peppercorns and smoked salt. I simmered that for a while then force cooled it and marinated the venison in it. After wards I blitzed it in the blender then strained into a pot and reduced that by 2/3.

I removed the venison from the marinade and sous vide it @130F for two hours then seared in a pan with hot bacon drippings. I blitzed the squash mixture with a stick blender, I put the half Russet in the microwave till just tender then finished in a pan with drippings, made squash patties in another pan and thickened the now strained marinade with corn starch and after a short rest sliced my venison. Very tender, great gravy, great veg. Well worth the effort and all while listing to some great Jazz.

Last edited:
Joined May 4, 2005
We went out for basque food for my birthday. Pickled tongue, country cheese, pate, rack of lamb, steak, basque sausage, beef noodle soup with beans, salad, fries, gateau basque with ice cream. Picon punch and red wine. No pics because I couldn't pause for that.

Joined Sep 18, 2012
We had friends over for a meal of goose, leftover stuffing, corn and oyster pudding, duck and pheasant gravy, biscuits and a nice butternut squash and sweet potato mash. We had a lemon tort for desert that cut the richness of the meal. Oh and some very good wine and 5yr. aged gouda as an app.
Like to hear more about "duck and pheasant gravy" - how to please?

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I made an omelette with shaved green pepper, onion and smoked gruyere along with some ham steak and a squash/sweet 'tater patty. I was out on the tractor moving snow today and this hit the spot.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 13, 2012
I made Nachos with ground pork, green chilies, kalamata olives, corn and black bean salsa, mild cheddar and queso. It was a tall one so I did it in two lifts in the oven. It was very tasty.

Joined Feb 21, 2019
Last night we had guest over at our place for dinner. Therefore, I had created an elaborate buffet of Indian delicacies like Tandoori Chicken, Biryani Rice, some Naan Bread. The menu also included a vegetable spread of Veg Kolhapuri, Palak Paneer and Malai Kofta

Joined Nov 5, 2007
A few days ago I roasted a small half turkey breast. The plan when I bought it was to do it stuffed for this month's challenge. But I didn't get to it and one night ( actually 8 am ) when I hot home from work I decided I should just cook it before it went bad. Made for a few tasty dinners. Last of it is in these cottage pies.

20190222_183640.jpg

Got some good dinners out of a hunk of meat that only cost like 8 bucks.

mjb.

Top Bottom