What did you have for dinner?

Joined Apr 25, 2017
The question I have is, am I the only person that salts my watermelon or is it just me that has friends that can't understand the reason for salting watermelon and look at me funny?

Ha Ha! You are not alone. We have a split family - half salts and half does not, and nether half understands the other :). The pro-salt faction also salt their cantaloup.

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Flip.. that's a pretty serious dinner for bible study! Most of the churches around here seem to specialize in salad and spaghetti! hahaha

I just put some baby backs into the smoker.. smoking with pecan and using the last of my undocumented rib rub - I've decided from now on I'm going to actually create a dry rub recipe so that if it is awesome I can stick with that and tweak it.

Joined May 9, 2017
Since we specialize in smoked meats, I eat way too much of it at work.

Lately, I have been craving pasta like crazy. I found a really good recipe online called Fog City Macaroni Salad.

The recipe calls for bacon and cheddar. I used smoked pork belly and Carr Valley cheese curds in this dish. I also tried a new mayo called Just Mayo (vegan, gluten free, yellow pea based) and it was delicious. I liked it better than my usual go-to Hellmans mayonnaise and it tasted a lot lighter and fresher, too.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Tonight we had "clean the veg drawer" fried rice. Collards, cabbage, carrots, celery, green onions, and the tail end of a ham with brown rice.

Last edited:
Joined Feb 26, 2006
Why am I even reading this thread when I know I must eat... this?! I pre-cook my meals for the week (mon - fri) and spoil myself on the weekends.

Mojo chicken with a side of... rice and beans. I am crying over here. 

Last edited:
Joined May 9, 2017
Oh for sure! I love Flank tacos - especially El Carbon style. It's the best. However, all we have on hand at the restaurant is beef tenderloin. I needed to double the tortillas to hold it together. I was tired of looking at the usual chicken, pork, ground beef tacos on the special menu that night and was craving carne asada, so I improvised.

Last edited:
Joined Aug 25, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. New job, new headaches.

Gazpacho verde with homemade ricotta
Zucchini ribbon salad
Pistachio encrusted filet mignon with berry reduction and stewed fruit with a pipette of port
Blueberry cake
I had also made a dish of haricots vert with sausage too but I forgot to take a pic.

Beautiful stuff everyone [emoji]128157[/emoji]

Joined Sep 18, 2012
Twice Cooked Garlic Pork

Uses leftover roast Boston Butt. Mushroom soy, marin, crushed red pepper, white pepper, fermented black beans, mince ginger. Use Napa cabbage center whites, vidalia onion, scallions, red, yellow, orange Baby bells. Serve over steamed Jasmine Rice. Very tasty and colorfull.

Top Bottom