What did you have for dinner?

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Love ziti. Not so much as a pasta, but as a scoring opportunity in Scrabble like word games.

mjb.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
Today was the letter "H" day so I made "Hawg Jihad".  Pork tenderloin wrapped in pork sausage wrapped in a bacon weave.  The hot sausage one got a maple bacon weave the sweet sausage one got a straight up bacon weave.  Damn this was goooooood and seriously goes toe to toe with Beef Wellington . . . maybe edges it out by a smidgen too because - hello - there's no bacon in Beef Wellington - duh!!  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif     

Each of these came in under $10, but since it's not a complete dish I didn't feel it qualified for the challenge.  

Last edited:
Joined Jun 3, 2016
Most of the time we eat some legumes before sleeping. Black, navy, lima, kidney, or pinto beans provides half of the suggested daily intake of tryptophan. Dishes like lentils are my family fav dinner.

Joined Jun 3, 2016
Also, for the days of post-workout, most of the time I try to eat something with chicken and vegetables, Chicken sausage over whole wheat penne pasta with tomato sauce & broccoli is my favorite.

Last edited:
Joined May 11, 2016
Friday night we had:

Baked Fish w/ Jalapeno sauce

Hawaiian Chicken over basmati rice

Crunchy Coleslaw with apple cider vinagrette, black sesame seeds and everything flatbread croutons.

Jam filled sprinkle cookies

Saturday Lunch:

Euro Salad with Maple Glazed Turkey Chunks and strawberry vinagrette.

Beef stew with potatoes, beans, whole garlic and chile de arbol.

Cauliflower Souffle

Potato Souffle

Sandwich cookies with raspberry jam.

Joined Sep 3, 2015
Found a cheap leg of lamb the other day so meat and veg it is!

Rub-a-dub with some ras-el-hanout, 6ish hours in the oven, pulled and shredded. Reduced the juices and goop, sprinkle of shiitake dashi powder and brown sugar, used that as a glaze for reheating the lamb. Splash of lemon juice to finish.

Sides of glazed carrots with thyme and fried zucchini with mint and feta.

Totally having leftover lamb sammiches and slaw tomorrow...

Last edited:
Top Bottom