What did you cook today?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by homemadecook, Mar 31, 2010.

1. homemadecook

homemadecook

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I am a newbie in the forum and just curious what everybody are cooking and or creating for the days meals. Please share your ideas here. Thanks! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/licklips.gif / message controls

2. mgchef

mgchef

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    There's already a thread like this.

3. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Look at the 'Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Supper' thread.

I had a bit of lamb with a mushroom vermouth sauce tonight.

mjb.

4. schmoozer

schmoozer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    A quick and easy lunch was needed, so I made a little soup that I call my "Trader Joe's Special."  I took about 16-oz of Trader Joe's Organic Low Sodium Roasted Pepper and Tomato soup, added a pinch of Trader Joe's red pepper flakes, a grind or two of smoked black pepper, two diced Trader Joe's roasted piquillo peppers and some of their juice, about 1/2 cup of Trader Joe's fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chiles, and heated that up along with a small handful of Trader Joe's Organic Whole Wheat rotelle pasta, and let the pasta cook in the soup.  When everything was done, a little Trader Joe's Organic California olive oil was added for extra flavor.  In a few minutes I had a nice, filling lunch that carried me through the day.

Meanwhile, I'm playing around with BDL's Chile Verde recipe, adding my own twists to it, and looking forward to having that for lunch tomorrow.

5. oregonyeti

oregonyeti

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. homemadecook

homemadecook

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Oh okay, thanks for that link, I'll go visit it.