What cookbook is glued to your hands right now?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by mise, Mar 3, 2014.

1. mise

mise

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Got the new Noma cookbook with Rene Redzepi's notes, so good. What are ya'll reading?

2. chef torrie

chef torrie

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Mine is Peter Reinharts "the bread bakers apprentice". All about the art of artisan bread. I love bread. Wish I had more time. My dream is to open n artisan bread spot one day. Need to find the right area/market.

3. mise

mise

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    My buddy got me that one for the holidays. Great book. The Rich Man's Brioche is ridiculous. Tastes like gluttony. 

4. chef torrie

chef torrie

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    So good. My favorite is the peasant bread on the cover. Can't remember the name but it's one of the most ridiculous things I've tasted. It's like a 4 day process but well worth it.

5. pirate-chef

pirate-chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    absolutely agree im happy to see one you can actually use. I will be dropping mine off this week to be signed. 

6. pirate-chef

pirate-chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I went a bit crazy buying books lately the pile im going through are Quay, Farviken, mathias dahlgren, alinea, momofuku, murgaritz and the noma books. 

7. soesje

soesje

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles……..aside from that, james peterson's sauces, michel roux jr The french kitchen

I too, have reinharts books.

another great recommendation is Daniel Leader's books (bread alone and local breads) if you like artisan and sourdough.

hmmm another great topic would be what are your fav books / what do chefs collect LOL

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  8. mise

mise

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Yea I did the same. How is Faviken? 

9. pirate-chef

pirate-chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    faviken is great. i like a lot  of his philosophy and styles its really interesting to see someone going so fat to classic cooking from their region.