What Books Are On Your Wish List?

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
David already got everyone thinking about Chrsitmas. Some of us already have a growing wish list of culinary things. I am curious as to what books are on everyone's wish list.

Sis

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
David,

Is the Webster's Culinary Arts dictionary anything like the Oxford or the Larousse?

Sisi

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Unfortunately, Christmas is on hold this year since I am getting married Dec. 30th. But, if anyone would like to contribute to my cookbook collection I would really like both the Oxford Compainions, plus any OLD cookbooks. Right now my oldest book is from 1877 and I would like to get some from even further back.

Joined Sep 22, 2000
Sisi,
"The Webster's New World Dictonary of Culinary Arts," is like "The Food Lover's Companion". Except alittle bigger. The Webster's cost $25:95. and the Food lover's is $13:95.
I use the Websters at home and use the Food Lovers at work and in the car, because it fits in my box.
D

Joined Oct 12, 1999
Two on my wish list are "A Mediterranean Feast" and "Savoring Spain and Portugal"

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Thanks Dlee, next time I am at the bookstore I will have to check those books out.

Sisi

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Sandy,

Until you can get the cookbook, here's a recipe from it:

Make Parmigiano-Reggiano cups to hold the mousse.

For the goat cheese mousse:
6 ounces fresh goat cheese (or other soft goat cheese)
4 to 6 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Procedure:
Place the goat cheese in a food processor and process (depending
on the cheese used, it may look smooth or crumbly).

Pour 1/4 cup of the cream through the feed tube and continue to
process until the mixture is smooth but will hold a shape when piped;
if necessary, add a little more cream. Add the parsley and salt and
pepper to taste and mix just to combine. Taste and adjust the
seasoning.

The mousse can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days; let stand at room
temperature for about 30 minutes to soften slightly before piping.

Place the mousse in a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip. Pipe 2 to 3 teaspoons of mousse into each parmesan crisp and serve.

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Chez Panisse Cafe Cookbook
by Alice L. Waters, David Tanis, Fritz Streiff

Joined Aug 8, 2000
I just saw a "Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home". I saw a primer on Indian ingredients that I'd like. Then I would like this book I saw about an organic farmer; Alice Waters wrote the forward. Oh, and Maida Heater's Cookies book.
Then a bunch of computer books. Computer books are a lot more expensive than cookbooks, let me tell you. And they don't have appetizing pictures!

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Sandy,

Sometimes it just takes that little nudge of inspiration! (That and your husband know's he'll reap the rewards!) Congratulations... and it wasn't even Christmas!

Joined Dec 30, 1999
MaryeO,

I can get you the False Tongues and Sunday Bread book for sure, probably the other one with a little time. Are you interested?

Pete,

There is a slim chance I can help you too.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Maryeo,

The pudding book you are looking for, is it the one made by the pudding club of England?

Latest posts

Top Bottom