What are you listening to these days?

Joined Sep 8, 2015
I've been listening to Spotify playlist generated by Shazam.

I use Shazam like everyone I guess, hear something I like and then sometimes come back to it later and check it out. Sometimes not. I also had setup the Shazam app to send everything I search to a Spotify playlist which I have ignored for years.

The other day I played that list. It was pretty cool.

Joined Jun 7, 2021
I just finished listening to Deep Purple’s Child in Time, from the Deep Purple I Rock album, o Youtube. The stong still blows me away.

John Lord opens with a tranquil, soothing melody on a Hammond, driven through a Marshal Stack. Ian Gillan joins with a voice so delicate, it almost hides the underlying darkness embedded in the lyrics. The vocals then change into Gillan’s note-perfect screams that make you wonder if his vocal chords bionic, Surely. A man just can’t hit so many octaves.

Backto the keyboard, which provides a perfect intro to Ritvhie Blackmore, who starts easy, with smooth, long notes, lulling you into comfort, then blasting you with his frantic, yet amazing guitar work. You start head banging, and playing air drums, no matter who is watching.
Ian Pace’s drums work is perfect. The base of Roger Glover maintains rythim and stability. Your eyes are closed, and you are completely committed to, and immersed in the music. And it stops, for maybe two seconds, silence. Lord’s keyboard re-creates the opening tranquility, with Gillan again performing his amazing vocals. The song ends with the keyboard creating a sense of tension, urgency. Run. So,mething is going to happen. Gillan screams again, a couple of times. And then, one powerful, single chord, booms, and completes the song.

This song actually put a lump in my throat, It’s that good. There is only one other band that can affect me like that, Yes. Listen to Roundabout sometime. I mean, really listen t it. Hear the impeccable guitar of Steve How, the bass guitar of Chris Squire, the man who defined bass guitar, John Anderson’s etherial vocals, the incomparable Rick Wakeman at the keyboard, keyboard, and Bill Bruford’s jazz flavored drums. Then, listen to how each part every one of them a masterpiece, join together to dazzle your music senses. IMHO, it’s the best prog rock song ever created, and that’s saying a lot.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Joined Aug 22, 2021
I've a play list I usually have going in the background, and then I listen to Bill Burrs podcast (he's a helicopter pilot too) and Joe Rogan too.

Joined Aug 22, 2021
I like Joe Rogan but can't wrap my head around why he is afraid of what is in the COVID-19 vaccine but yet not afraid of what is in horse de-wormer and probably eats bologna as well. :~)
Rogan knows several countries have used Ivermectin to eliminate the virus, to great success. However, because of brain washing by big pharma, many people dismiss it because they were told to ignore it.

A few days ago Haruo Ozaki, chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association has said "Now is the time to use Ivermectin", and every Afghan refugee is being treated with Ivermectin.

Yeah, Rogan is a full-on nutter!:emoji_fearful: But he's sometimes entertaining.
Are you maybe thinking of Alex Jones of InfoWars? Why do you think Rogan a full-on nutter? He likes to take drugs, but we all have our own devils/faults.

Joined Dec 23, 2004
They're both nuts, and there's zero credible evidence for horse dewormer for use on Covid. Besides, it's also made by Big Pharma so the nutters are idiots as well.

Joined Aug 22, 2021
They're both nuts, and there's zero credible evidence for horse dewormer for use on Covid. Besides, it's also made by Big Pharma so the nutters are idiots as well.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

Conclusions:​

Meta-analyses based on 18 randomized controlled treatment trials of ivermectin in COVID-19 have found large, statistically significant reductions in mortality, time to clinical recovery, and time to viral clearance. Furthermore, results from numerous controlled prophylaxis trials report significantly reduced risks of contracting COVID-19 with the regular use of ivermectin. Finally, the many examples of ivermectin distribution campaigns leading to rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality indicate that an oral agent effective in all phases of COVID-19 has been identified.

Bold highlighting is my own.

If had Ivermectin I'd be taking it.

Out of curiosity what do you base you opinions upon? which sources do you use?

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
while ivermectin is certainly off topic, please keep to the topic of the thread we're in and save political topics for elsewhere.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
There is a series of these "Hard Bop" albums on youtube. Some are 3+hrs. long of different artists from the 60's and 70's. I also listen to Stanley Clarke, Miles, etc. - that's the Jazz I grew up on.

This especially nice if I'm in the kitchen a long time I don't have to que up a different playlist.

Joined Nov 9, 2020
Wow... that takes me back a few decades... we had an exec who used to play stuff like this on his office stereo, just enough to hear under the hubbub of the line... and I noticed the vibe working there was always relaxed, cool, and professional... brings back a LOT of good memories, thanks (and thanks for the link!).

Latest posts

Top Bottom