What are you listening to these days?

Joined Sep 5, 2012
I introduce my kids to new music all the time. Been doing old Rod Stewart ( downtown train) and such. Tonight while in a traffic jam I qued up Morrison Hotel, ahhhh peace frog[emoji]128512[/emoji]

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I introduce my kids to new music all the time. Been doing old Rod Stewart ( downtown train) and such. Tonight while in a traffic jam I qued up Morrison Hotel, ahhhh peace frog[emoji]128512[/emoji]
Everything old is new again.

The 4 year old Grand has a good ear and was singing along with Humble Pie (30 days) the other day.

If I was not driving I would have gotten some vid.

mimi

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
Adele performing "hello" on SNL. She "brought down the house."
Did anyone catch snl?

Haven't watched it in years, but the spoof "Adele saves Thanksgiving" was pretty funny (in a snl no holds barred wacky way). 

Here's the SNL spoof of Adele's video. (The original 'Hello' video, if you haven't seen it, will make more sense.)  Hello from the other side.  LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 14, 2015
Just put on some Metallica - Seek and Destroy while at work and found this in the comments section - Chef Talk seems like the right place to share:

Joined May 19, 2014
"Sick of Food"

American Music Club

Mainly because of the brothers and sisters I lost to the epidemic. Also because the bass player Danny and I were bad-ass line cooks in mid 80's. Man that sentence makes me feel old...

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Merry Christmas yall!

Yes this is old but remains one of my standout Christmas favorites.

Good country swing by a much younger George Strait.....

Grab your honey and hit that sawdust covered floor....

mimi

Last edited:
Joined Jun 27, 2012

Merry Christmas yall!

Yes this is old but remains one of my standout Christmas favorites.

Good country swing by a much younger George Strait.....

Grab your honey and hit that sawdust covered floor....

mimi
In fact I hold the whole collection close to my heart.

Tamales anyone?

mimi

cerise

Banned
Joined Jul 5, 2013
The Beatles Happy Christmas and the Nutcracker. Happy, Merry, Joy and Peace.

Joined Feb 8, 2016
Thankfully my Grandfather introduced me to older music when I was young. It started with The Drifters "Under The Boardwalk" then progressed from there to Billy Paul, Luther Ingram, Luther Vandross, The Floaters.

But then I wised up, you see. I went back to the 1950's and found the greats, Elvis, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. Thats when the fun began! I  Throw some Oldies in with some alternative, dance, rap, and jazz. As for specific artists:

Rap:

Kendrick Lamar

TUT

J. Cole

Logic

Isaiah Rashad

Many others

Alternative:

Hadag Nahash

My Morning Jacket

Psymun

Dance

Rameses B(Highly Reccomend)

Monstercat

Madeon

Jazz:

Miles Davis

Dave Brubeck(On Vinyl)

Maynard Ferguson

Oldies:

Paul Simon

Frank Sinatra

Sammy Davis Jr.

Michael Buble

Kool and the Gang

Johnny Cash

Billy Joel

Bee Gees

Artie Shaw

Last edited:
Joined Aug 21, 2004
On vacation in Hawaii, staying in the Puna region of the Big Island, so for your listening pleasure a little local flavor...

some toes in the sand slack key kanikapila with the Kalapana Awa Band.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Just read that Guy Clark left us. Most of us oldtimers probly remember this below.

Joined Apr 4, 2012
Homegrown Tomatoes! My immediate thought, too, though really what he should be known for is his mentoring of at least two generations of fabulous songwriters--Townes Van Zant, Lyle Lovett, Steve Earl, Roseanne Cash, Rodney Crowell, Joe Ely, Nancy Griffith, to name a few. And Emmylou Harris did some of her loveliest work with him.

Joined Feb 22, 2016
Listening to my same old playlist. Got Cold play, Bryan Adams, Zara Larson, Eminem...

Latest posts

Top Bottom