What are you listening to these days?

chefdave11

Banned
Joined Oct 27, 2011
@ Dave: never heard of them before and after listening to 6 of their songs , it's music that gets you dancing.

Petals
Cool! Yeah, Manu Chao is grrrrreat working music.  And you especially need it when working in a literal hole-in-the-wall (had a certain charming quality, though) and cleaning out the grease trap at 2am.  But it's sounds even better when working for yourself in a well-designed kitchen!

Joined Jul 30, 2007
this song just makes me feel good........hope it does you as well....joey

sorry about the ad

Last edited:

margcata

Banned
Joined Sep 18, 2011
Some old Rhthym and Blues, vocalist Joey Gillmore, Il Divo, Broadway Theatre Musical Collection, Manolo Escobar, Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Daniela Romo, Manuel Mijares and Eros Ramazzotti.

Have lovely Labor Day.

Marge. 

Joined Sep 17, 2012
Despite the fact that my ex and I always considered moondance "our song" is still love that one.

Joined Aug 21, 2009
Oh do I ever remember the Barney days!  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif   It wasn't so bad with our son but our daughter was obsessed with him.  She was two when the Barney movie was in theatres and she had to see it, and of course she had her stuffed Barney, BJ and Baby Bop firmly in her arms the whole time.  My husband missed out on that adventure for some reason.. I think he took our son to Union Station to view the trains or something like that..

As for what I'm listening to, right now it's been a mix of Dala and Kate and Anna McGarrigle.. both are Canadian groups.  Dala has just put out a new album and except for the last song, I like it alot.  The McGarrigles aren't doing anything new.. one of them passed away but I think her son is doing something on his own..

Joined Jul 30, 2007
i woke up this morning trying to shake the parasitical, moocher, spineless, blues that apparently alot of us(46%) here in the lower 48 are guilty of...

Van always helps.....hope he can help the rest of you parasites as well!........ enjoy!!!!!

joey

" open the door to your heart"

this is off his latest cd     "Born To Sing:  No Plan B"

Last edited:
Joined Oct 28, 1999
Happily listening to the new Dave Matthews Band disc, Away from the World. Some gentle pieces and some really moving ones make for a pretty good experience.

Joined Sep 25, 2012
Right now its alot of Alan Jacksson, otherwise its Johnny Cash, Elvis and other older artists

Joined Dec 9, 2010
I appreciate great pianists.  Last I've been listening to a lot of Ryuichi Sakamoto.  

Joined Aug 25, 2009
Besides enjoying all the James Bond movies (and HOW !!!) , I really like the new Adele song, ' Skyfall "....the words.....true James Bond style. Looking forward to the movie.

Petals.

Joined Oct 4, 2012
My kids jamming on the ukulele to make up for the silence that surrounded me all day long while they were both at school.

Top Bottom