What are you cooking this weekend (breakfast, lunch or dinner)?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by nicko, Sep 24, 2010.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    I am making one of my favorite comfort foods: Stuffed tomatoes (Greek style). 

2. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I walked out on the deck of my cabin yesterday morning and it was 36 degrees, I'll be traveling back up today with some hearty Vittles. Craw fish Gumbo, crusty bread, Caesar salad. Home made Egg Plant Parmesan, fresh saute vegetables, garlic toast. There is nothing like the smell of a fresh pot of coffee when the weather is cool and the morning dew is on the ground. I need to wake up Maryellen and John boy the waffles, pancakes, German sausage and bacon, eggs are ready for the day to start.....................Thats what living in Oregon is all about......ChefBillyB

3. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Hmmmmmmm.

Tonight will be the rest of the left-over chestnut soup; grilled salmon with mustard sauce; daikon pappardelle; grown-up mac & cheese.

Tomorrow will be slow-smoked ribs; grilled pineapple; potato salad, cole slaw.

Sunday we'll do a simple roast chiken, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus.

4. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Nicko ! What do you stuff them with

5. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    I'm with you there on the hot breakfast - do you make (have it made for you) often?  Wish I had time or made time to do that kinda breaky.  It's more of a weekend thing for us, although I'd personally give the waffles and pancakes a miss.  All a matter of preference hey? /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif

Tonight's dinner was a bit of of a disaster, as I had various members of the family going and coming, so it was spaghetti with german sausage in a tomato, onion and capsicum sauce, topped with cheddar.  Very hard to keep it looking good over the course of a couple of hours.  Dessert when they want it, and they can fend for themselves! is just mixed fruit in a port wine jelly with vanilla icecream.

Has been a long, busy week and I'm looking for easy ways out.

6. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm doing a mishmash tonight... the hubby drank all day with a buddy (he is mostly sober he had five beers in five hours but is quite chatty right now!)  so I have pork chops in the oven butterflied and in the butterfly I have salsa, ground cumin and chili powder.  When I fold them I'm going to add a little grated jack cheese and then sear them to finish in a cajun seasoned oil.  I have a peach salsa to top it and curb the spice.  That will be served with baked red and white potatoes, mixed greens in a balsamic dressing, and fresh peaches and cream corn on the cob. 

7. teamfat

teamfat

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    It's a nice, early fall day here in Salt Lake City.  I should be outside doing stuff, not sitting here at the keyboard.

Earlier I purchased a whole chicken, will spatchcock it and roast in the Weber kettle with a light touch of mesquite, a saute of summer squash, shrooms and onion on the side.

mjb.

8. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    HI Sunshine, we raise our own pigs and cows, the bacon, sausage, and pork chops are always available. The weekend are nice to have a bigger breakfast,with it getting cooler at the cabin its nice to have a hearty breakfast. I was also thinking about a good hearty stew with good crusty bread...............take care, I hope all is well..........Bill

9. dc sunshine

dc sunshine

Exp:
    Other
    Billy B - sounds really good, I'm on my way over /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif   A nice big breakfast sets you up for the day, whether that be for working or having a lovely lazy lie in.  Although I am sure the livestock will not want to wait for the humans to tend to them.

All is pretty well here, normal household dramas, but it could be a lot worse  /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif Hope you and yours are well too - Daina

Dinner tonight is probably poached chicken made into chicken pie, including celery, capsicum, onions, peas etc under a pre-bought puff pastry crust.  Big mixed salad to go with it.  Dessert - probably just tinned peaches and vanilla custard.  Not feeling very adventurous as am still recovering from entertaining my visiting parents for the past week, then my OH getting back on the same night they were leaving - aye Carumba.