What are some good things to make in a Vitamax blender?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by abefroman, Feb 28, 2018.

1. abefroman

abefroman

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    What are some good things to make in a Vitamax blender?

2. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Smoothies, blended coffee drinks, purées for soups, he'll they even say you can make your soup right in the blender.
    I bought one a couple months ago after thinking about it for years.

3. Pat Pat

Pat Pat

Exp:
    Chef Emeritus
    I use mine mostly for cheesecakes.

4. ChefEz218

ChefEz218

Exp:
    In the past I've used the vitamix for making vinaigrette and or purées such as pomé purée, monté an soups. Very versatile machine to have in the kitchen. Gi

5. jay lancaster

jay lancaster

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    I use mine alot for adding ingredients that I don't want folks to see. In the past I have made barbecue sauces with fresh onions, garlic, and other "things", that once pureed in the Vitamix & added to the sauce, you would never know what was in there. It's such a better way than adding dried spices...the flavors are incomparable. I have made barbecue sauces with both dried & fresh ingredients side by side...taste tests slanted heavily to the fresh sauces.

6. mikelm

mikelm

Exp:
    Home Chef
    VitaMix is by far the best and most versatile kitchen appliance of the many that I have. At 12 pounds, 1200 watts, and two brake horsepower, it will puree anything- including a cellphone in one of their old commercials. (They didn't offer a recipe with this demo.) If you're wearied with cooking, it makes the best frozen margaritas and frozen daiquiris you will over encounter.
    Most busy bars have three or four in a row on their back bars.

Mike :rolleyes:

7. mike9

mike9

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Hmmm lets see - today I put a half pint of grape tomatoes, clove of garlic, fresh parsley, salt, some grated cheese, evoo and peperoncino in the blender and made a fresh sauce then deglazed a pan I cooked garlic Italian sausages in for a garlic bread dip.