What are some good appetizers to make with duck confit?

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
With a frisee salad tossed with a light vinaigrette. Some garnishes that you have laying around, a few nuts, fruit, leftover boiled potatoes?

Joined Nov 5, 2007
shepards.jpg

Little shepard's pies, done in mini muffin tins. Took a loaf of wheat bread, cut rounds out of each slice, pressed into the lightly oiled mini muffin tins. Baked for a few minutes to get them set a bit. Then filled with the meat mixture, back into the oven, then topped with chopped mint. Perhaps something similar could be done with wonton skins and the duck.

mjb.

Joined May 5, 2010
Anything you do with confit will be rich in and of itself. Keep the pairing simple and light. Avoid heavy doughes and pastry.
Canapes, Crepes, Belgian Endive spears.

As for the fat...you're supposed to keep it and use it again to make confit. The more you use the fat the more flavor you put into it.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
In France it is very common to saute vegetables and potatoes in duck fat.

Joined Aug 21, 2004
I have done duck confit tamales. I took fig leaves spread them with a masa made with teff and duck fat, topped it with duck confit and fresh black mission figs then rolled and wrapped like tamales which were then steamed. For a sauce, I used fresh mission figs, Quady Elysium black muscat, fig balsamic, and duck demi.

Joined Jan 19, 2014
What are some good appetizers to make with duck confit?

Any any uses for its fat.
Duck confit sliders, duck egg rolls fried in duckfat, poutine with duck confit (fry the potatoes in the duck fat), duck tacos, and maybe duck empanadas.

Joined Oct 1, 2017
Duck confit rillette with a nice house made pickle or JAM . Duck confit , goat cheese, strawberries and dog vincotto was always a favorite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom