What are some desserts you can make which contain jam/jelly?

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Cake fillings (alone or mixed into buttercream).

Trifles.

Crepes.

Donuts.

Thinned and added to 10x for a glaze or as a topping for just about anything.. banana splits come to mind.

Lots of other applications... my only warning would be to stay away from those which have not had the seeds strained out.

mimi

Joined Jan 25, 2013
i like Matrimomials.  

combine 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, 1 1/2 cups AP flour, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3/4 cup butter into a dough.  Press 1/2 of the mixture evenly in an 8-inch square pan. Spread with jam to within 1/4-inch of edges. Press remaining mixture over jam, covering it completely.
Bake in 325^ for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.  cool and slice into squares.

about the only jam that didn't turn out well was orange marmalade

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Linzer Tortes or cookies - the filling is raspberry jam.

Last edited:
Joined Apr 25, 2017
i like Matrimomials.  
combine 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, 1 1/2 cups AP flour, 1 cup brown sugar, and 3/4 cup butter into a dough.  Press 1/2 of the mixture evenly in an 8-inch square pan. Spread with jam to within 1/4-inch of edges. Press remaining mixture over jam, covering it completely.

Bake in 325^ for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.  cool and slice into squares.

about the only jam that didn't turn out well was orange marmalade

We were not that fond of grape in these (and I didn't know they were called matrimonials - we just call them fruit bars, thanks for the knowledge). Cherry jam is a big hit in this recipe.

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
There are numerous recipes for different types of filled cookies that use jam/jelly.  One of my favorites is a cream cheese based cookie dough that I then fill with almond paste and raspberry jam.  Another good option is to blend some jam/jelly with plain (unsweetened yogurt) add some mint or lemon balm (optional) and pour over fruit, for a nice fruit salad.  Or if you ever make homemade ice cream, swirl some jam into the ice cream as it comes out of the churn and before you harden it in the freezer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom