Well......,

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by coolj, Jan 13, 2004.

1. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I haven't been on the boards for a few weeks now. I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas, and is having a happy new year so far. I've been working like crazy the last few weeks, 'cause I volunteered to work all of the statutory holidays over the christmas season, so that others could have the days off. And consequently have not had the time to be on the net as often as I would like.
    I hoep to be posting more regularly again in the not so distant future.
    cheers,
    Jeff =>

2. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Volunteering like that you are adding to the stereotype that Canadians are too nice....lol
    At least I hope you got a beer or two out of it...

3. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    What I mean by "volunteer" is, nobody else wanted to work the holidays anyway, so I figured the stat pay would look good on my cheque, and since I didn't have much planned anyway, i could afford the time. I'm kinda like that, I'm always willing to step in and take the extra hours or unfavorable shifts that nobody wants. I did however get some beers out of all it, because I got scheduled to work during the christmas party, then at 1 in the morning as I was leaving work they called me and asked me to bring some stuff from the restuarant so they could clean the hall, and I wasn't sure if I was going down there at all, but then someone called back and said to me that they really needed the stuff whether I could stay or not, so, I figured if that was how it was going to be, i was going to have a couple of beers to boot.

4. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Wow that's a long sentence. Have you been reading Proust? Or are you still working on that beer!? ;)

Welcome back dude!