Welcome to the GlobalChefs forum

Joined May 6, 2001
Here it is the forum where cheftalk.com and GlobalChefs.com have teamed up to provide a platform for chefs from all over the world to meet and exchange ideas, purveyor information or just hook up!

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Jer ]

Joined May 6, 2001
Thanks, spread the word to your Canadian brothers and sisters.... and the members of any other nation

Joined Apr 24, 2001
I am so excited about this new addition. It may be difficult as I think we are operating with English as the language of exchange. So we won't get everybody. However, it has to start somewhere. I hope that this will provide a forum for women in particular who reside in places where professional cooking traditionally a male profession to seek support that may not be available to them in their own countries. I participate at this website because folks seem genuinely supportive and try to be as helpful as possible to their peers.

I am also excited with the prospect that a kind soul in another part of the world may assist me in getting obscure ingredients not available in my neck of the woods.

Kudos to ChefTalk.com for being such a great resource.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
The word has spread Jer and welcome to cheftalk.

In response to monpetitchoux:

Some people on this board are fluent in French. I am! And there are others amongst us.

There are probably people on this board who are fluent in Italian, Spanish or German. Some are of Greek origin and they probably still can read and write the language. And we have Asians too!

Wouldn't it open doors if everyone could identify themselves as being fluent in one or several languages?

Just a thought!

and a smile :)

and a wink ;)

and a big huge grin :D

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Bon Jour, Jer!!!

A big warm welcome to the cheftalk family.

I really look forward to talking with as many "GLOBAL" chefs as possible.

Great idea guys...Innovation is not a four letter word.
cc

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Bienvenue, Jer!

This should be interesting...

:rolleyes: Je parle français!

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Bonjour Souffle 45 and welcome to Cheftalk.

I look forward to your posts.

:D

Joined May 6, 2001
I am getting worried about all this French chit chat, I might have to start getting my school books out!

What would you guys like to use this forum for??????

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Simple. If a French chef from France wants to share something with us, he'll be able to do so in French. I think there's enough people here to translate, for everyone's benefit!

No big deal Jer!

:rolleyes:

Joined Oct 15, 2000
Afra,
I respectfully disagree. I do not think language should be a deterrance to anyone who wishes to post here but does not know or is not fluent in English. Knowing how helpful everyone has been in the past, I think we won't have too much trouble figuring out what is going on. My opinion.

Joined May 6, 2001
Hey Kimmi I was only kidding let's not get too serious here! This is the Global Chefs forum, that means it belongs to every one, communicate in what ever language you wish, just have fun.........

Joined Nov 15, 2000
Konnichiwa, Jer
My Japanese is a bit rusty but as long as it is written in Romaji, I can figure it out.
I am really looking forward to all the posts made in this addition. One of the reasons I get on the forum is to "meet" people from around the world and exchange ideas. I am always learning so much from everyone.NOw there is an area that addresses the global concerns and encourages discussions.I think it's great!!! Cheftalk is by far one of the best forums on the net. :) :) :)

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I also respectfully disagree with Afra! This is GLOBAL chefs forum, as in UNIVERSAL, got it!

It's not strictly for French but for any other language. If someone posts in Latin, we'll ask you to translate, ok?

Like Kimmie said:

I just think you are missing the point, Afra.

For chef_guryel,

We got the point and welcome to Cheftalk!

:D

P.S. And since we said we would translate,
here's what chef_guryel said, approximately:

LOL, gourmand means glutton...I don't think that's what he meant to say! hee-hee

:D :D

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: pooh ]

Joined May 11, 2001
There's a website that may be useful for translations: www.worldlingo.com

I can't recall at the moment how many languages it can translate and some of the translations are a little off, but not bad. Just make sure you select Machine Translation which is a free service. It can even translate entire websites by providing the site's URL.

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Thought everybody should read this post from Jer again. It's disagreements like this that have, in history, started wars. Hardly a good beginning for the Global Chef's Forum. Think before you type and re-read before you post, please?

BTW, thanks for the translation, pooh. I can't wait for the next time someone tells me they are a gourmand! :D

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: Greg ]

Joined May 14, 2001
"He who distinguishes the true savor of his food cannot be a glutton. He who does not, cannot be otherwise." - H. D. Thoreau

:)
Peace,
kmf

Top Bottom