Weird question...but how come women respond positively to word 'I am a Chef' ?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chef brah, Mar 8, 2017.

1. chef brah

chef brah

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    for a long time i didnt tell lot of my friends that i have quit my corporate job and been working in kitchen because i thought its embarassing as i didnt earn much and even though on tv its glamour..reality is that chef smoking backside of restaurant is probably earning less than $15/hour

so how come now that i tell girls or friends that i am a chef, they seem amused? ....its usually women who expect me to cook at their place.

i find this very fascinating.

2. frankie007

frankie007

Exp:
    professional chef over 20 years
    It's the glamour of chefs on TV. Once they know that you are working weekends and holidays and that you can never go with them to parties and family gatherings novelty quickly wears off. The trick is to get your wicked way before they find this out! Take it from an old kitchen dog....

3. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Not a weird question but more of a poignant observation. Women love men who can cook. It satisfies thir taste buds and their souls, and relieves them of the sole duty that some women seem to find unsatisfying, burdensome or demeaning. In my case I stole a woman from a chef... not because I could cook better (which I won't even speculate about) and not because I'm more handsome (which I'm embarrassed to say may be true) and not because I'm more fun (he definitely wins that honor) but because I can both cook and maintain a reliable and good-paying job. I'd like to also think it's because I love her more than he did... and I'd probably be right because he was cheating with a skanky server.

4. allanmcpherson

allanmcpherson

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Happy International Woman's Day everybody!  Good grief, is this even a question?  

flipflopgirl and millionsknives like this.
  5. chef brah

chef brah

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    i have been warned

what if she has equally busy life as u and is a hairstylist whos also off on mondays?

i doubt i can date normal women if i am gonna be getting off at midnights on fridays and saturdays..otherwise just meet them at wtv bar they are at.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  6. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    When I met my wife, she was an ER nurse working PM shifts, getting off around midnight, Fridays on, Saturdays on, holidays on, days off during the week, etc. etc. etc. Our schedules meshed beautifully.