wedding gift ideas

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Guest, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My 26 year old son is gettng married,and I want to get him and his bride some wonderful kitchen gifts.They do alot of cooking,mainly vegetarian and SE Asian,and need knives and pans especially. They asked for some Victorinox knives in a  block and some Calphalon pans,but the object was savng money.Any ideas? I am not rich but will splurge for them!

2. bughut

bughut

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Justine and welcome to the forum.
    It's great that you want to do right by your son and his fiancee. Its a nightmare though,trying tofind your way through the maze of budget/ pro/ good value.The list goes on and on.Why dont you now post a thread in te knives forum and you'll be inundated with advice. There are somany experts here.

Sowhens the big day? and do you have a posh frock for the event?

Any questions just ask.I'm just a temp moderator and dont knowit all, but i can pass on a queiry,or simply ask a moderator. have fun, we're nice here

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Yes, Justine, the Equipment forum and its knives sub-forum would be good places to post your questions. You might also use the search tool to see if your question has been posed before. However, take into consideration the date of the posts; outdated advice isn't much use.

Congratulations! We hope to see you participate here even after your gift has been selected.
    Mezzaluna

4. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Justine,

I'd like to help you out with your knife choices to the extent I'm able, but will wait for you to initiate a thread in the knife section.  Or, if you like, I'll do it for you.  

Let me know,
    BDL

5. sha6wan

sha6wan

Exp:
    At home cook
    [if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables> <w:SnapToGridInCell> <w:WrapTextWithPunct> <w:UseAsianBreakRules> <w:DontGrowAutofit> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif]<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal{mso-style-parent:"";margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}@page Section1{size:8.5in 11.0in;margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;mso-header-margin:.5in;mso-footer-margin:.5in;mso-paper-source:0;}div.Section1{page:Section1;}-->[if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]Giving kitchen as a wedding gift is great and unique idea. Victorinox knives are good if you could buy it. Else start a thread in culinary section