Wedding Catering - Water Supply

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by Trev000, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Trev000

Trev000

Exp:
    Hi,

Currently planning a marquee wedding for next year, would love to use our family farm site but unfortunately it does not have a reliable water supply. Is there a way round this for catering that anyone has used before (for instance, a water bowser on site)?

Many Thanks.

2. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hi Trev! Welcome to ChefTalk!
    The best place to start would be calling to local party equipment rental places and tell them specifically what your water needs will be and how large an event this will be. Also it helps to know whether you need drinking water, hand sinks, kitchen water access and so on.
    So I guess the answer to your question is 'yes'!
    Good luck moving forward

Trev000 likes this.
  3. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The caterer does need water for the function. The caterer would need to know there isn't water on site so they could bring water for chafing dishes. Contact a Portages potty company and see if there are up scale bathroom facilities available for Weddings. I would use bottles of water preset on the tables.......Chefbillyb

Trev000 likes this.
  4. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    How do you have a working farm without a reliable water supply?

5. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Cactus farm :~)

6. jimyra

jimyra

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    No potable water?

7. Trev000

Trev000

Exp:
    Thanks for the tips, I am going to look into it further, but have a feeling overall costs may spiral out of control.
    We don't live on farm, there is a water supply but it's a lottery whether it will come out brown or not :(

8. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    Ok. If you haven't done so already, have a professional diagnose the brown water problem, whether well water or other. Either way, it shouldn't be a lottery. I would think having that corrected would be worth the time and trouble, wedding or not.