Wedding Cake Sponge Recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by cake lady 99, Nov 11, 2011.

1. cake lady 99

cake lady 99

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello All

Im new to this forum so hopefully i can manage to find my way round!

Im looking for the perfect 6 8 10 12 inch  Square tin sponge recipe, it has to be a professional recipe as im using it for a friends wedding, im not a total novice at baking, but i need a recipe that is cooking all day at a very low heat, they always seem to be the best.

Regards Angie

2. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    You should specify, cake lady, where you are from and what you mean by sponge.  For americans (the majority here) it's a cake with eggs, sugar and flour, no butter.  In the UK and elsewhere, it's a butter cake.  I'm guessing you mean the latter, since you say "sponge" and not "spongecake" and you say "tin" and not "pan" /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

did I guess right?  You want a buttercake recipe? 

3. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    When you're cooking for an important occasion -- like a friend's wedding especially -- don't do anything too different from something you've done before successfully.

Experimenting with a wedding cake for an actual wedding is frightening.  The Magic Eight Ball says, WTF?!

BDL