We need a moderator!

Discussion in 'Pairing Food and Wine' started by nicko, Sep 6, 2000.

1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Ok everyone, once again we need a moderator so we can keep this forum alive. Any volunteers? Shroomgirl you seem like a great canidate for the job [​IMG].

Thanks, [​IMG]

------------------
    Thanks,

Nicko
    [email protected]

2. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I'm definatly in the beginner's class...I've had the priviledge of drinking great wines the past two years, but I'm still very much a novice. I can type foods but wines oh
    Cape Chef...Help! I can ask questions and hopefully find some answers....If someone else wants to help I'll do it.

3. isa

isa

Wish I could help you on that one Nicko but my knowledge of wine is fairly limited. I only know about Muscadet and Beaujolais. Muscadet I love to drink and Beaujolais I did the grape picking one year in France....

Sisi

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I would love to help out, What are the requirements? I work all kinds of hours, So I want to make sure it is something that I could commit to without letting anyone down.
    I am very happy that you added the site and used my suggestion on what to call it [​IMG]
    I am sure I can lend some insight into the world of wines.And if shroomgirl wants to help all the better. email me with the info and I will get back to you

5. nicko

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Well guys and gals we can have up to four moderators of a forum so if cape and shroom want to start as moderators that would be great. The main thing is that we keep the forum alive and have some good discussion going. Let me know what you guys think.

I will also try to dig up a wine expert who might be interested in moderating this forum.

------------------
    Thanks,

Nicko
    [email protected]

6. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Cheers and Thanks I think.

7. m brown

m brown

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Brannon, the dishwasher status has only to do with the number of posts, not your talent or success!
    Welcome to cheftalk.com!

8. chef david simpson

chef david simpson

I have a good deal of knowledge in paring wine and food.

9. nicko

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Ok so who is up to the challenge then? So far it looks like Shroomgirl and Chef David Simpson as the moderators for this forum? Any others?

10. david jones

david jones

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm happy to help, but I might be on the fringe when it comes to the mainstream of the wine world! I personally don't believe in the exclusive nature of "grapeheads." I think that a dialogue that promotes understanding and inclusion is much better for our industry as a whole.

11. nicko

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Sounds like we have a moderator to me? Would you please email me David so I can give you the details?

------------------
    Thanks,

Nicko
    [email protected]