- Joined Mar 29, 2002
Their list and a few of my thoughts
- Cook Real Hawai'i This got a fair amount of press, though I don't recall any actual excerpted recipes to consider. I have some interest in this but not super high. Probably a library book. The WaPo article does include a linked recipe (or two) for this and the other books as well.
- Mother Grains I saw this a few times in my feed I know, but the topic and the related cooking isn't my particular interest.
- Big Little Recipes I've seen some content from this that has been interesting though the title didn't interest me when I first encountered it. It strikes me as a bit gimmicky and shortcut oriented. But the more I see, the more interested I've become. Has made it to the likely library list.
- Rodney Scott's World of BBQ I remember quite a bit of press for this one, and I read it. It's not really the kind of barbecue I'm pursuing but was an engaging cookbook.
- Treasures of the Mexican Table I don't recall hearing about this one at all. I only know of her from catching her show on PBS a few times.
- Rise & Run, never heard of it nor the authors.
- Black Food got a fair amount of press. It seems a little scattered in content for my preferences.
- Life is What You Bake It also a fair amount of press. But I rarely bake.
- New Native Kitchen is on my (electronic) stack of cookbooks to read. Just haven't got there yet.
- Canelle et Vanille Bakes Simple, had not heard of it.
- To Asia with Love, again had plenty of press. It too has a more scattered approach to the topic than I like generally so I've not looked at it too deeply.