Was Santa Generous?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
My wife got me a very cool set up Japanese dishes and severing platters. I can't wait to do a dinner for friends with the new stuff.

Joined Aug 23, 2000
"The Best Recipe" by Cooks Illustrated (sorry Nicko, the mother-in-law busted loose) a high-carbon Chinese cleaver and an immersion blender. Oh yes.

Joined May 29, 1999
I got a timex mini clock in the stomach of a mini mixer, cute (from my three sons). no food related gifts this year, just encouragement to open a shop. (blessing or curse?)

best gift gotten, "Me talk pretty one day" by david sedaris.

best gift given out to my mom who said she didn't understand the ingredients
"French Laundry Cookbook" go figure! ( I may get that one back!)
bounce.gif

Happy New Year!!!

Joined Dec 30, 1999
A Silpat and nice wire racks to cool hot foods or use in pans. (Can't wait to try something sticky!)

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Also no food related gifts, Got a Canon scanner....A VCR for the bedroom, Think wifey might feel I'm spending to much time on cheftalk
smile.gif

M brown, I hope you open a shop! Because I know you have friends and support here
cc

Joined Aug 12, 2000
At Christmas I get to buy myself the nicest stuff! I got a programmable electric pressure cooker, a rice cooker, and an electric hot water dispenser. Now I need a new section of counter to put all the toys on...

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Another party, another present: Mastercook. Can't wait to try it out. I don't dare install it tonight, too afraid I'll spend the night playing with it.

Nicko,

If you need Japanese recipes let me know, I have a passion for Japanese food and Japanese dishware, think I could open my own shop with all the stuff I have....

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Seattle Deb, you must be more of a chocoholic than I! I didn't think it was possible. Looks like you'll be sitting pretty for awhile with all those stocking stuffers.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
I am jealous of your chocolate collection Deb. I always say you can never have too much chocolate. Enjoy them! The only chocolate I got was a mix for raspberry chocolate hot chocolate.

Enjoy the Larousse it's really a great book. Lots of history in it.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas or Chanukah or Turkey day. What did you find under the tree? Lumps of coals or presents. I hope everyone got a cookbook or two.

I was very happy to find among other things Professional Baking and Think like A Chef under the tree.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
"clock work orange" Now that is a bizare movie. (loved it)
Seems to fit you Nick.shu
lol.gif

Daneille, A whole case of Sautern?WOW!!!
What kind?
licklips.gif

cc

[This message has been edited by cape chef (edited 12-27-2000).]

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I got my Kitchen Aid mixer for Chanukah. My husband got DSL internet service (still fiddling with it, though, as it won't work yet.
crying.gif
).

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Are you enjoying your KitchenAid Mezzaluna? What a great machine it is. Makes me happy just to see mine on the counter.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Yes, Sisi, I adore it. I don't get to use it as often as I'd like, but I feel a cheesecake coming on...
lol.gif
And there's that reine du Saba I've always wanted to make, too. I've been working in retail, and it's extremely slow in January. I may have more time to use it now than I've had since I got it. But the downside is I won't have as much money to spend on things like Scharffen Berger!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Maryeo, I'm greener (with envy) than those idiotic jumping thingies in your post! The tools seem to have gone to a good home. Wish I could be there to try the products of your frenzy!

[This message has been edited by Mezzaluna (edited 01-17-2001).]

Top Bottom