Waring vs. Bamix Immersion Blenders

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by janitplanet, Dec 21, 2010.

1. janitplanet

janitplanet

Exp:
    At home cook
    I am in the market for a new immersion blender, and I have narrowed down my search to the following:

1) Waring WSB33 – 100 watt, 7” (available for $50+shipping from Webstaurant.com)

2) Waring WSB40 – 350 watt, 10” (available for $124 + shipping from Webstaurant.com)

3) Bamix Delux – 150 watt, ?” (available for $129.95 from Williams-Sonoma)

I like the first option because of the price, but I am worried that 100 watts might not have much power. It seems like the cheap models on Amazon have more power than that. However, it is supposed to be a commercial line used in restaurants. Has anyone used this model?

If I am going to jump to the next price bracket, it is between the Waring WSB40 or the 150 watt Bamix. I like the Waring because of the power, but I have heard so many good things about the Bamix. It is a Swiss line and the company offers a ten-year warranty. In addition, the Bamix comes with three different blades and an optional mini food processor for an extra $25. I am wondering if those extras make up for the lack of power compared to the Waring WSB40. Any thoughts on any of these models and how they compare?

2. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Never go by mnfctrs rated wattage, it doesn't mean much. 

A ten year warranty says alot about the company's confidence in their product, and Bamix has been around for a loooong time.  The "food processor" looks cute, but I can do what ever it does with a knife and cutting board faster when you factor in the the time to hook up the attachment and clean it. 

3. homemadecook

homemadecook

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I love Bamix too but, I haven't tried any Waring products. For me and foodpump, it is not the wattage that matters. The quality, but I didn't mean that the Waring has a low quality. And also, the warranty they offer. :)

4. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    I own a Waring WSB33, been using it for a couple of years now, it's great and works flawlessly, seems very robust and very easy to clean.

5. janitplanet

janitplanet

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for all of your input. Does anyone know if the Bamix 10 year warrantly only applies if you buy it directly from Bamix?

6. kcz

kcz

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I have a Bamix Gastro 200, which I use mostly for soups and tomato sauce and really like.   This is what I understand my warranty to be:  "[font=Arial,Helvetica]1 year manufacturer's parts/service warranty, plus a 10 year manufacturer's parts-availability guarantee."  If you're buying from Williams-Sonoma, they should be able to provide their warranty information.[/font]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010