WANTED: Fabulous Tomato Chutney Recipe to go with Fried Okra dish

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by saffron, Apr 6, 2011.

1. saffron

saffron

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Chutney is not my specialty so I used Trader Joe's Tomato Chutney (yum!!!)

which is now discontinued. Would really appreciate any assistance in a wonderful Tomato Chutney recipe. Many thanks to all! ~ Saffron

2. lentil

lentil

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I'd try google if you don't hear from anyone here.  Google is one of my best friends...

3. saffron

saffron

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I did receive a wonderful PDF of Tomato Chutney recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor a famous Indian Chef. Another from www.manjulaskitchen.com  and www.indianfoodforver.com So I'm sharing the gifts if anyone would like authentic Indian recipes. This is fabulous!

4. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Saffron,

On this site that you posted, there are alot of tomato chutneys, not sure which one you might like, but there are just too many.....this one here (posted at bottom) is reminiscent of one I used to make with an older lady who was British but was raised in India , her name was Mrs. Woodhouse. She was a wonderful woman who influenced my life in so many ways.  My first introduction into the world of Indian cooking when I was 14. It was only later in life that I used that appreciation for further studies. Isn't it strange, maybe not ? how we are touched by people and places and things.. how we walk by a room and we are set off by a memory of a place we once visited, a person we once loved or embraced, or an aroma that brings us back to our youth.... Your thread on a tomato chutney has made me think of her all week.....thank you .  Sorry about the long spill of words.... 

these flavors are always paired well. If you like it hotter just kick up the chili.

http://www.indianfoodforever.com/chutney/tomato-garlic-chutney.html  

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  5. saffron

saffron

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Thanks petals....your posted link sent me into chutney heaven!

6. tigerwoman

tigerwoman