W. Puck's Cafe

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by theloggg, Nov 16, 2000.

1. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    Anyone been? What did you think? Went to Puck's Cafe in Denver and had the meatloaf. Thought it was tasteless.

2. nutcakes

nutcakes

There is an abbreviated version in Macy's basement and it stinks.

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Recently I was in the O'hare airport in Chicago and they had a cafe there. Out of interest I stopped there with my wife. Service was ok, the food had really interesting titles, but that was about all. I had a chicken caesar salad which was fine, but it wasn't anything special. The overall decor was very flashy which is what caught my interest in the first place.

4. nutcakes

nutcakes

Well, all things are relative. If I was in an airport, I would be grateful to find a W. Puck cafe and I would be grateful to overpay for the opportunity not to eat at the other places. In downtown SF we can do better!

[This message has been edited by nutcakes (edited 11-17-2000).]

5. unichef

unichef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The one at Downtown Disney is pretty good. They have an upstairs dining room which has a different menu and is more upscale ($$) and is quite good. I've eaten there several times. We usually camp out at the sushi bar downstairs while we wait for our table. Excellent sushi

6. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Point well taken nutcakes. At least I wasn't subjected to hotdogs that have been heat rollers for two days or more. [​IMG]

------------------
    Thanks,

Nicko
    ChefTalk Cafe Administrator
    [email protected]
    www.cheftalk.com "A food lover's link to professional chefs!"