Vision of Palate

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by vikas khanna, Apr 9, 2005.

1. vikas khanna

vikas khanna

VISION OF PALATE
    South Asian Kid’s Infinite Visions
    By Chef Vikas Khanna

"VISION OF PALATE" and are based on the research of The Power of Palate, especially for the people with visual disabilities. During these workshops the students will be tasting a single spice or herb at a time and define it in the words like "sweet, savory, hot, spicy, refreshing, cold, soothing, woody, aromatic, licorice, fragrant etc" based on flavor and aromas.

The second session begins with a little more complex flavors or blends of spices. Again, the students will have to define the flavors based on aromas, textures and flavors. This will make them understand to distinguish with such sensitive details. I will also be highlighting about the sensitive points of the palate. After this course they will be served yogurt sorbet with grapefruit soup to cleanse the palate again.

With a few minutes of break they will be served small tasting to desserts, which will be all chocolate truffles with different fillings like orange rinds, mangoes, coconut, coffee, lime and cardamom.

Food is a gift of Gods and brings the world together and I feel it is the purest form of expressing your love for the Creator.

The workshops are free.

All donations raised during these workshops will be donated to "Andrew Heiskell Braille and Talking Book Library" and Save the Children Organization to cure blindness in children in South Asia.

40 W 20th Street,
    New York, NY 10011

For More Info:Vikas Khanna
    [email protected]1-866-543-2781

Date and Time:14th May, 2005
    2pm to 4pm

2. frizbee

frizbee

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I wish I still lived close to the city...
    Jealous,
    Frizbee

3. botanique

botanique

Exp:
    Other
    Sounds beautiful, if true, it is so similar to how I got bound to the web of cooking. :) I'll do some research -- give me a few hours, I have work to do :eek: