Viking Cookware

Joined Nov 5, 2009
Can anyone give me their review of this line?

I am considering Mauviel but there are no stores which sell the SS and it is hard to make a decision based on internet images.

I am also considering the All Clad but am a little discouraged at the bad reviews their customer service is getting

Alton Brown recommends AC but said Viking is a little better

My husband and I want to give each other a set, our last set, so I have to make a wise choice

BTW, I am still using my Farberware all-clad SS from 1970 (from my first marriage) and it looks as new as my 1 Emerilware saucepan I bought last year

Thanks to everyone who replies :eek:

Joined May 29, 2006
Go to a restaurant supply co. and look at their cookware .It may cost a few $ more but its really heavy duty. I have had my heavy alum. wearevers for over 40 years and they are still great. and clean easy and still shine.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Forgive me, Ed, but I'm an advocate for stainless steel over aluminum.

I had Wearever restaurant grade pans and they weren't nice to me at all- uneven heating, difficult to clean, reactive to acids. I got one of their non-stick pans and it didn't hold up. All were bought at restaurant supply houses.

Joined Nov 5, 2009
They do but the stores in my vicinity do not stock it. I would have to order from their website and pay for it, have it shipped to my home just to see it.

I know they are great as far as returns go, though

The line of Mauviel carried by Costco is not the 7 ply, though. I am considering the m'Cook line

A store near me carries the copper line. It is very heavy. Do you think the SS would be just as heavy to lift?

Joined Nov 5, 2009
Thanks Ed. That is an interesting site. I can see having 1 or 2 pieces of the Extrema, definitely.

But I still want a set of SS

My 40 year old Farberware is like brand new. It is ss with clad aluminum

I am giving that set to one of my children as it was the set I used when their father was alive

For myself and my husband now, I want to get a new set and go seriously into cooking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom