Very simple question(?) ...

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by Iceman, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    OK ... I came into this post for a different reason, but I'm noticing that my name is still not capitalized. WHAT the WHAT is the problem?!? People's names should be capitalized. I would like my name capitalized please.

OK ... original idea ... What is with posters, usually very new posters ... putting up professionally shot pics, and calling them their own? I'm noticing this more and more. Some of the pics going with the posts and questions asked ... just don't fit. If the pics you put up ... are your own produced work ... there is no way you should be asking the questions you are asking.

TIA for putting up with me.

brianshaw likes this.
  2. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Oh yeah ... in a couple-three days (Thursday) I go in for my cancer procedure. They're gonna jam a coupla-hundred radioactive seeds in my prostate for me to get better. If I make it ... You'll know. If I don't ... You'll figure that out on your own.

phaedrus likes this.
  3. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Oh man. Hope you come out on the other side OK.

Iceman likes this.
  4. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hope all goes OK, Iceman (with capital)
    Good luck and we'll see you when you are back up!

kuan and Iceman like this.
  5. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Good JUJU coming your way Iceman..........

Iceman likes this.
  6. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    iceman, Hey Buddy, I had Prostate Cancer when I was 50 years old. I took another path then you are. I have family member that had the method your having and all went well. I'll be thinking of you and hope all goes well......All these years I was told "Your going to go blind" Well, I never went blind.

Iceman likes this.
  7. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks guys. I could really go for some good JUJU too. My hands never got hairy either.

8. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Best wishes for a successful treatment from me too. I’m sure it’s going to be uncomfortable but that seems a much better option than the alternatives.

9. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Supposedly ...

It's painless. ... In by 9 out by 5. Any prostate. Any size. $19.95. No ups. No extras. Just like Earl Schieb. I should be able to go to work on Friday.

The timing and price are different ... but you get what I'm saying.

10. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Do you have to worry about irradiating your coworkers? My dad had his thyroid inactivated by radiation and was told to keep away from his grandchildren for a week as a precaution.

Iceman likes this.
  11. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I had a Dr. take pictures by shoving a camera-stick up my tuckas popping off pics for about 15-minutes. After that, for when they do it, they've got a nuclear physicist figuring out everything using the prostate size, my age and mass, the level of cancer, position of the moon, barometric pressure and my wife's maiden name. They use all of that to determine the exact size and amount of correct radiation and number of seeds. My regular, doing the job Dr. says that when it's all over I am G2G NO problemmos with anything after.

12. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    A friend of mine who experienced this was warned to stay away from kids under 3 for a couple of months and pregnant ladies for a long long time. Other than that he seemed to have a normal life.

Iceman likes this.
  13. hungrypanda

hungrypanda

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Hello Mr. Iceman, I'm usually more of a lurker but I want to come out of hiding to send warm and healing thoughts your way. Your posts always make me smile, you have a great sense of humor. I hope things go splendidly for you

Iceman likes this.
  14. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    OK ... So I just got home. I guess everything went all right. I was there @ 6:00 ... they started prepping me @ 6:30 ... I was put under ... up, recovery and home. I can't tell you about anything when I was out. They told me I wasn't offensive or anything. All in all ... I've had more pain from a regular decent fire-fight in a serious busy kitchen scramble than this. I set off the alarms at the bank coming home though when I stopped to pick up a few rubles for going out to dinner.

Thanks for your thoughts. Mine will always be backatcha' if you've ever got any issues.

15. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Glad it went well, Iceman!

Iceman likes this.
  16. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    New thing ... just for general principles and all ...
    I am a Newly ORDAINED MINISTER.

flags-medium.png
    image.jpg

peachcreek likes this.