Very simple question(?) ...

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by iceman, Aug 26, 2017.

1. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    OK ... In the last coupla-3 days I've reported about a dozen or so "SPAM" posts. So I'm thinking ... since nobody of the administration persuasion has mentioned it ... do I get any kinda "Bonus Points" or anything for being ... you know ... a consciences type good-guy member?

Thanks.

2. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Well, don't be abrasive and chase people away. Sometimes people cannot stand the chef no nonsense approach.

nicko likes this.
  3. peachcreek

peachcreek

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    SPAM? And here I thought this months' food challenge was The Stinking Rose.

4. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Spam is next month.

drirene likes this.
  5. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Great response from a moderator. What I have done in this instance has nothing to do with abrasion or chasing anyone away. The posts I've reported were very simple ... SPAM. First-time posters spamming some type of product using a link.

6. brianshaw

brianshaw

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Thank you for your service.

drirene likes this.
  7. kuan

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    LOL yes, you get bonus points. Here's 204 ;)

On a more serious note I am not sure if I can see who reports it but thanks for reporting. It really makes a difference.

drirene likes this.
  8. kuan

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Ah OK I can see who reports it. Let me figure out a system fo thanking you guys.

9. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I've reported a bunch too. No thank you required. Spammers annoy me.

10. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    There has been a large amount of spam on the new site. We do appreciate out members hello in flagging it there were 50 posts and such from just one spammer this am.

11. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I hate auto correct on my phone....

12. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I've flagged many of your posts because I didn't think humans should see them. Otherwise I think your great! I'm still waiting to see you on the food channel....Oh shoot no one remembers that!.....Just sayin'

drirene likes this.
  13. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Why is there so much spam on the new site? What did the old site have that kept them at bay-or did everybody just do a better job at deleting it. Maybe a more difficult Capatcha challenge?
    Hmmm, wasn't there a restriction on posting links until you were approved or you had a number of posts?

14. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    At one time we had about 6 members that we "Spam Canners" It was members that were on the site a lot and caught Spam and deleted it when it happened. I say we get it back, I hope they take my last suggestion and call them " Spam Busters" Just sayin' I mean who ya gonna call ???????? images.jpeg

drirene, butzy and peachcreek like this.
  15. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Thanks a lot old buddy old pal. ... I've gotten to the point where I just can't really take goofy posts. OK ... I know that's ripe being that I am who I am. Still ... WTF thread is this? ... I'm half juiced. ... NO excuse ... last Friday morning my Dr. called. ... he tells me I've got some kinda cancer. ... Being that I'm a miserable prick bastard in general, I'm gonna fight it as best as I can. It's gonna be a good fight. ... Anyway ... WTF was I thinking?

I wasn't looking for anything from reporting the SPAM posts. I was just looking to say something.

By the way ... as we speak ... my producer/director is in Mexico wheeling/dealing with investors for us to do the show big-time to sell to a TV station. This stuff doesn't happen just overnite. With my good looks it should ... but it doesn't. Trust me ... when it goes EVERYONE here will know about it.

16. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    "We work in kitchens ... It ain'te rocket surgery.".

17. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
  18. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Iceman, I wish you nothing but a healthy outcome with the cancer. Let us know if there's anything we can do. Your one of the good ones around here. You are true to your word, true to your heart, don't change!.
    I didn't know we had so much in common. You have a producer, I have a produce salesman. Go figure! small world........

Take care buddy, see ya in the hallways.......

drirene and iceman like this.
  19. butzy

butzy

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Yep, lots of spam coming through :(
    Pretty annoying, especially as it also comes through on my email as I still get email notifications of threads that I unsubscribed to.

Let's bring those spam canners back!!!

And @iceman : wishing you all the best in your fight with cancer. For what it's worth: your comments often make me laugh!

iceman likes this.
  20. iceman

iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    HEY ... I just noticed something.

WHY aren't our names capitalized? Names of people are proper nouns. They should be capitalized. I would like my name capitalized please.