veggies that dehydrate well and dips?

Joined Nov 4, 2009
Hello all,
We have a christmas party coming up and i was trying to think of a good way to introduce veggies to it besides just having raw one on a tray with ranch. I want something fairly simple (not requiring silverware is a plus). I figured since i bought a 6 tray food dehydrator a while back, i could put it to use and make some veggie chips/fries and some dips to go along with them. I was cleaning out the pantry and needed to get rid of a butternut squash so i made a soup and some thin fries with it and it dawned on me that it would probably dehydrate well. Anyone know of some other veggies/fruits/anything interesting that dehydrates well and some good dips to go along with them? Hummus would be nice, but i am opened to suggestions on other dips or other ways to make interesting veggie dishes.
Thanks!
chris

note: i already have other dishes (3 types of sliders, some appetizery munchies, and some desserts) planned out and mainly was looking for veggie/knick knack recipes.

Joined Jul 3, 2009
Zucchini chips maybe? A simple dip is a cucumber cream cheese dip. Dice half a seedless cucumber, toss some salt and let sit for a little bit so some of the water gets out. Then mix garlic and scallions with the cream cheese and cucumber. Or a simple cream chesse dip with different herbs.

Joined Oct 16, 2008
When you dehydrate the veggies you are essentially making vegetable jerky and not chips. They wont crisp they will get chewy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom