Vatel & Chocolat

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by isa, Jan 10, 2001.

1. isa

isa

Vatel is coming! Finally I saw previews for it today. Unfortunately there was no date given.

I saw Chocolat this afternoon a very good film. Almost like a fable, a sweet tale, the sweet lovers against the strict Count Renaud, mayor of the little village who lives a life of constant sacrifices.

The chocolat are indeed spectacular and the look on the villagers’ face when they eat a morsel of chocolat is one of pure delight. One thing to really enjoy this film bring a few pieces of good chocolate. I wish I had brought chocolat with me to savour when the villagers eat some or when Viane, Juliette Binoche, makes her chocolate…

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Sisi...I never heard of the film
    But it sounds romantic [​IMG]
    cc

3. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    THE Book is HOT!!!Really HOT, I got it from a close friend for Valentines Day last year! I recommend it highly....

4. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Didn't your mama ever tell you food is sensual and that cooking is a passionate practice? At least for some of us there is still an alure.

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I can't wait to see Chocolat! Doesn't anyone remember the dinner scene in Tom Jones? They managed to make it hilariously sensuous! [​IMG]

6. isa

isa

Vatel will open February 2. You can be sure I'll be the first in line to see it.