Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
And the winners of our Valentine's day contest are:
  • First Place: tigerwoman with 32 votes
  • Second Place: shroomgirl with 24 votes
  • Third Place: kyheirloomer with 21  votes
  • Fourth Place: chefedb with 13  votes
  • Fifth Place: chefbillyb with 9 votes
Congratulations everyone! Please send me a private message with your mailing address so we can send you your prizes.

Joined Jul 18, 2002
thanks Nicko - what a fun contest.  And such esteemed competition.  I voted for Shroomgrl~

Joined Nov 6, 2004
   Congrats Tigerwomen!

That was a fun contest to vote in...thanks for all the contributions guys!

Dan

Joined Jan 1, 2001
How about a new menu contest?

Let's see what folks will come up with for Mardi Gras, or Easter, Passover, or Spring Themed?

Joined Feb 1, 2007
Personally I like the idea, Shroomgirl. But I'd be concerned that it would leave most of the home cooks out.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Do you guys think we need to separate the pros from non-pros on these contests? I was thinking it would be cool to do a team competition with where pros are paired up with non-pros. 

Joined Feb 1, 2007
I think that's a definite "it depends" Nikko.

For something like the Valentine's menu, I really don't think the pros had a particular advantage. Look how well I did, for instance, with a rather simple menu.

But for something like Shroomgirl's "snout-to-tail" idea, the pros assuredly would have more going for them: in terms of ingredients availability, equipment, etc.

As to pro/am teams, I wonder about the logistics of that.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
teams?  first thought is aaaargh.....can you imagine talking testa or guanciale or tongue or liverwurst with people not into it or even into it but not deeply?

Maybe a variation where pros use as much of the parts as possible in a menu.

am's develop a dish, with recipe, bonus for pix.

The farmer's market dinner can be long running and changes throughout the seasons, the different regions will discover what's similar and different, it will hopefully bring in more CT participants that are into the whole local scene, it's good for the earth and communities to eat local...bet there would be sources of small farm products that can be shipped as prizes if there were contests....helps promote small farms that ship.

ok. gotta go soak the chicken hearts for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom