undercounter refer/freezer, chef base, lowboy recommendations

Joined Nov 10, 2017
Looking for recommendations on brands for chef bases. Been a while since I had to purchase this kind of equipment. I will have a 6 burner stove top on one, and a flat top on the other. I need one freezer, one refer. I have been looking at the bev air, but I can't really find any reviews online. They are significantly cheaper than anything else. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Looking for recommendations on brands for chef bases. Been a while since I had to purchase this kind of equipment. I will have a 6 burner stove top on one, and a flat top on the other. I need one freezer, one refer. I have been looking at the bev air, but I can't really find any reviews online. They are significantly cheaper than anything else. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

My experience with refrigeration units in the past few years have been that you really do get what you pay for now a days. While a cheaper option may look good for a budget, I have had several units from various brands die or need repairs in a very short time frame. I have a double door under counter unit from arctic air die right past the year warranty and when I tried to get it fixed the guy said it wasn't even worth it with what needed to be repaired. Another reach in cooler had the mother board die and I had to replace the compressor twice. The second time they couldn't even find the original compressor for it they have stopped making it so quickly, and this was a major distributor's in house brand. The units are cheap and the copper lines are thin and in all honesty going forward I will pay the extra to have a longer warranty for the unit and compressor rather than try to save the money on the front end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom