twice per week or once per week ?

Discussion in 'General Culinary School Discussions' started by simonj, Jan 20, 2010.

1. simonj

simonj

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    All,

I'm finding it difficult to decide which part time culinary school to attend due to their differing schedules. I'd be attending part time nights. 6-10pm as I work full time.

One Campus works like this, twice per week, 1 hour theory 3 hours in kitchen.

Second Campus work like this, twice per week, 4 hours of solid theory one night, and 4 hours kitchen the second night per week.

Both schools are saying they can give me the same 300 hours, but I don't know how from that above scenario.

6 hrs per week in kitchen vs 4 hours per week.

What do you think is a better way to learn ? The 1 and 3 or the 4 and 4 ??? One night per week in the kitchen vs two nights in the kitchen ?

Thanks for reading.
    sj

2. jtobin625

jtobin625

Exp:
    Other
    It sounds like the first campus is giving you more kitchen time. Culinary schools can have some crazy, non-traditional schedules. How long does each class run?

In school 1: 2 hrs theory per week and 6 hours of kitchen
    In School 2: 4 hrs theory and 4 hrs of coursework does not add up to the same as #1 over the course of the week.

Did school 2 tell you it adds up to 300 hrs over time before or after you asked the question about it?

3. simonj

simonj

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    each class runs from Feb - Nov/Dec twice per week.

6-10pm

yes school 2 told me it would add up to the same.

thanks for the advice.

earlier today I did decide on School 1 :)