TV has a new "worst cooking show ever"

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by tylerm713, Oct 26, 2010.

1. tylerm713

tylerm713

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I was flicking through the TV channels the other day and stopped on Cooking Channel because there was a new show on that I had never seen. I must say that "Bitchin' Kitchen" is, without a doubt, the worst cooking show on TV. It very well may be the worst show on all of TV, right up there with the worst soap operas. The host is incredibly annoying, and the food looks like it's from Sandra Lee's reject recipes. If you see this show on, either watch it, or smack yourself in the face with a ballpeen hammer. The result will be about the same.

jaredstone likes this.
  2. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Haven't seen the show, Tyler. But based on the promos I'd have to agree with your assessment.

I wonder what idiot decided that those trailers would encourage me to watch the show?

3. chefbazookas

chefbazookas

Exp:
    Other
    Agreed.  Upon seeing the promos my general consensus was that I'd rather cut my face off than endure 30 minutes of that.  Thank you, Tyler for confirming my initial assessment.

4. amazingrace

amazingrace

Exp:
    At home cook
    The show's name is off-putting.  I have not watched, nor do I intend to.  Someone with more money than class probably thought this would be a great concept.  If the program is anything like the promos,  it can only be described as "trashy".  

5. chefbazookas

chefbazookas

Exp:
    Other
    Nadia Giosia.  She's apparently Italian and speaks with a farrago of accents.  In one two minute promo she's dressed as a highlighted Elvira, then Madonna-gone-wrong(er), then Vampire/dead woman, then dons a bedazzled tank top with gaudy costume jewelry and painted fingernails throughout.  Humor is apparently the pull of the show along with her physical appearance.  All that other garbage is an absolute distraction from whatever food concoctions she plans to make.  Some men may disagree but in my opinion it's not a pleasant distraction.

6. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I liked Elvira as Elvira. Great rack and B-movie hostess, the schtick made sense. I don't need a costume for a cooking show.

7. gobblygook

gobblygook

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    That was reason enough for me to never watch it.  Thanks to the wonders of DVRs, I haven't seen one of the commercials yet.

8. chefbazookas

chefbazookas

Exp:
    Other

Exactly! 

Contrary to the way my earlier post sounds I am not, in fact, a man.  I just meant some men might disagree that she's a not a sufficiently pleasant distraction from the food. 

Having cleared that up, Elvira was indeed great.  She was goth before vampire sagas and emo teens made it mainstream.

9. gobblygook

gobblygook

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    The Bazookas gave it away /img/vbsmilies/smilies//smile.gif

10. chefbazookas

chefbazookas

Exp:
    Other
    Story of my life.

11. laralollypop

laralollypop

Exp:
    At home cook
    I have never seen this show but the title speaks for itself. SHOCKING.

12. lyniebeck

lyniebeck

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I watched this show when I had insomnia one night last week.  I'm glad I saw it because now I can honestly say it is the WORST cooking show I've ever seen.  Insipid and tacky don't even come close to describing it.  She blathered on, making references to her man and being a tough broad so much that I can't believe I watched the whole thing.  Still, it didn't put me to sleep.  In fact, it gave me indigestion.

13. wdbrown

wdbrown

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    My Gawd! you all take yourselves so seriously.  Does everyone have to be bland and boring to be taken seriously?  Lighten up.  Enjoy the comedy and try a few recipes.  They're good.

14. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Can it really be worse than that infomercial for the GT Express101, or the Magic Bullet or so many things by Ron Popiel?

15. esquared

esquared Banned

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I was watching tv this evening and I came across this show. I have to say she is the single most annoying person I have ever seen on tv and could only stomach 15 minutes of her before I switched channels and will NEVER watch her "show" again. On a good note I did discover that I have a second food channel and now how some better choices of shows to watch concerning cooking. 

16. bigsteve

bigsteve

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
     The worst show ever!, ????,  Are you kidding me.  This is a great and inventive show I watch a lot of Food Network and it is a great take on cooking shows.  And she's a good Canadian Girl,  Lighten up and go watch Geada.    -Steven G, Toronto.

17. tylerm713

tylerm713

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    [​IMG]

18. willbkool

willbkool

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Either 'Bitchin Kitchen' or 'Extra Virgin' are the worst cooking shows I have ever seen.  Even Sandra Lee is better. (not by much though) These shows make Rachel Ray seem like a cooking goddess.

When the Cooking Channel first came out, I had high hopes. The Food Network had become mostly reality shows, and the Cooking Channel soon followed suit. Of course it's owned and ran by the Food Network, so what was I thinking?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  19. luvpie

luvpie

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Funny, I love Extra Virgin.  Watch it and even tape it if I am going to miss it.  Or watch several in one siting.  Love it when they go to or are in Tuscany.

And to comment on the program that "BIGSteve" likes, no wonder he likes it and I don't./img/vbsmilies/smilies/lever.gif

20. shadowman

shadowman

Exp:
    Home Cook
    People, you need to lighten up for Christ sake. This isn't a gourmet cooking show, it's a light, funny, edgy show for the average Joe. 

If you want a froo, froo high end cooking show, watch reruns of Julia Child.