Turkey leftovers

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by anneke, Dec 26, 2001.

1. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Anyone else swimming in the stuff?

Please post your ideas and recipes!

2. jill reichow

jill reichow

nah, we had sirloin tip......we are however, getting very creative with barbequed beef!:)

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Leftovers!!!! What leftovers???

4. kimmie

kimmie

No leftovers here either...but of course, we didn't cook one!! :D

5. kimmie

kimmie

I had leftovers last year however and I made turkey & rice soup, turkey turnovers (a variation of the pot pie theme), turkey sandwiches with homemade crusty bread. :lips:

6. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    I had smoked turkey leftovers (tastes like ham) so I made the ultimate comfort food: mac & cheese! Not bad! I threw in what was left of the gravy for added flavour...

7. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Flaming Turkey wings...... (you would have had to have seen the commercial a few years back):rolleyes:

8. isa

isa

Turkey With Mint And Hot Chiles

8-10 ounces cooked light and dark turkey meat, roughly cut into 1/2 inch chunks
    2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots, separated into rings
    1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely torn coriander leaves
    1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped mint leaves
    1 teaspoon minced bird chile, or more to taste
    Freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
    2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce, or to taste
    3 tablespoons lime juice
    1 tablespoon roasted rice powder or aromatic roasted rice powder, or more to taste

Combine the meat and shallots in a shallow bowl. Add the coriander and mint leaves and mix well.

In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients except for the rice powder and stir to mix well/ Pour over the salad and toss to distribute the dressing thoroughly. Just before serving, sprinkle on the rice powder, if using.

9. cookie jim

cookie jim

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I just made roasted turkey breast for 3.Besides having sandwitches I made curried noodle soup.I saute small dice onion,carrot in a little unsalted butter adding curry powder as the onion starts to sweat to take the rawness from the powder. I cook the noodles in chicken stock,add the turkey and saute mix. to cooked noodles with ground white pepper. simmer 15 min. serve Let people salt their own.Turky hash is good also. Good cookin....cookie:smiles:

10. austin_

austin_

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Whenever I have leftover turkey, I just dice it up, and cook it with some onions and olive oil until the onions are lightly softened. I add previously boiled potatoes, (preferably Yukon gold) and I cook until crispy on high heat while I'm also cooking some diced chorizo sausage as well. Season with salt and ground black pepper, and add chorizo to the potatoes, onions, and turkey. Add garlic and saute for about 40 seconds on high heat until fragrant. Place on a large platter, top with fried eggs, and top with a little bit of chopped parsley or cilantro if desired. Delicious.