trying to make Pina colada creme brulee

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by vloglady, Oct 30, 2003.

1. vloglady

vloglady

Can't find any recipes and I need some help please.

Can probably add a bit of coconut and coconut extract to the base. What else can I do? Add a bit of chopped pineapple to the base too? Any ideas?

Thansk.

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Viloglady
    Just brainstorming. I would take a thin slice of fresh pineaple.
    I would prepare my shells with rolled thin puff and blind bake.
    I would sear the pineapple slice in a very hot skillet untill caramelized. Deglaze the pan witth a pinch of rum.
    chill, put the pine on the bottom and the flavored anglaise on top, chill and sugar torch. A flaming 151 might be called for.

3. vloglady

vloglady

Thanks, but I'm looking for a more traditional creme brulee. Not in a puff pastry shell. Sounds delish, though!

4. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Substitue coconut milk for some of the cream and boil down pineapple juice or get concentrate and add a little of that to the custard...coconut tuille would be nice on the side with a bruleed pinapple slice or bruleed banana with coconut ice cream/sorbet.

5. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Panini's idea would work just as well in a brulee dish.

A word of warning regarding substituting coconut milk for milk: If you add too much, you'll end up with a nice layer of fat on top, which solidifies when cool. An extract might help stretch the flavor of the cocnut milk. Please make sure it's not artificial.

6. mike

mike

Toasted coconut ontop of the brulee ?
    Rum marinated pineapple.
    Sounds a nice idea.

7. chef from va

chef from va

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    just a quick, spur of the moment thought..... place a grilled pinapple ring in the bottom of a ramakin, use angel flake coconut ontop of that pour over the normal custard you would use for the regular creme brulee bake in a bane-marie and chill top with some vanilla infused sugar and caramelize... its worth a shot i guess :) .