Trying to Buy tools to replace Stolen ones

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by dangib, Oct 16, 2014.

1. dangib

dangib

Exp:
    Other
    Good Afternoon Everyone, 

I am really hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Someone stole all of  girlfriend tools and knives so we have replaced the knives already. I want to buy her the tools as a Christmas gift but I don't know what tools I should buy her. Could anyone help guide me to some tools that she would need. She currently is works with a catering company we bought 2 Shun knives to replace the ones that were stolen. Thank you anyone that helps. 

2. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I don't know if you follow boxing, but boxers have an term called the "one-two", where you hit your opponent in one place, and then the opponent expecting a hit in another place, gets the same hit in the same spot---again.

Buy your g-f some cheap knives--good, but inexpensive.  Go to a cutlery supplier that supplies chain restaurants with rental knives.  Buy them there, they are butt-ugly but work well.  Because, you see, if you replace knives that got stolen with nice knives--again, they get stolen (probably by the same person)-- again.  The ol' one-two.

Keep the nice knives at home, at work with use the butt-ugly ones that do the job well.

Get her a tool box for christmas.  Not a knife roll, but a tool box, one that is too big to steal without getting caught, and one that she can put a padlock on when she goes for lunch or a bathroom break.  Then get her to plaster the toolbox with stickers so everyone knows it's hers.

Hope this helps...

3. tweakz

tweakz

Exp:
    Line Cook
    When I think tools; I think BenchTop are good bang for the buck. (at least 20 years ago they were -dunno now - i'm old)

4. dangib

dangib

Exp:
    Other
    Thanks for all of your help