tried something New

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Hey Guys, I was watching Iron Chef program this past weekend, I think Monday. I had only seen it a couple of times. It was a pastry Chefs Challenge. They had a iron chef making bananas,pasta,garlic and red chilies
EEk, Anyway the Challenger was very Talented and had won the pastry world cup in France in 97,The guy Knew his stuff. Anyway, He made this dessert with a warm chocolate cake (individual portion) With a warm chocolate center..I think he had some kind of icecream or such in a champagne flute and served it on a artist palate,And Garnish it with a really cool sugar garnish.He took a standard sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper and placed a ring mold on one end and sprinkled little drops of food coloring on the paper and in the mold.Then he poured the sugar in a wisp over the coloring. It made a very cool marble effect. I tried it at work today, The sugar was right between soft crack and hard crack. I let it sit 30 minutes and I broke it up all topsy turvy...I will use it for garnish on different desserts.Easy as pie,and did not take long to do
cc

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Wisp...Oh Shroomgirl

I don't know how to explain it

It was the way I ever so gently but with authority poured the syrup,
M Brown, Thanks for the support

cc

Top Bottom