Tricky situation-help!

Joined Jan 20, 2021
Hi all and chefs, I have an urgent question because my partner which now has a solid 3 years experience has worked from commis chef to chef de partie in two restaurants already, but now she has been offered a position as cook at a new hotel at crown sydney, she took the position because a head chef that brought her in told she needed a certificate to be a commis chef or chef de partie at this hotel, is this true? what determines your position as a professional chef? is the certificates really neccessary?

your help is greatly apreciated guys!
Thank you.

Joined Dec 13, 2020
Hi all and chefs, I have an urgent question because my partner which now has a solid 3 years experience has worked from commis chef to chef de partie in two restaurants already, but now she has been offered a position as cook at a new hotel at crown sydney, she took the position because a head chef that brought her in told she needed a certificate to be a commis chef or chef de partie at this hotel, is this true? what determines your position as a professional chef? is the certificates really neccessary?

your help is greatly apreciated guys!
Thank you.
Never heard of this, but Yes. Certificates are must in some country to proved that you are certified food handlers and knowledgeable in culinary. but usually that a first step to enter professional culinary career. Also, there will be some company policies (hotels/resorts) where they have their own hiring policies and requirement. In the end of it, prove & track record of your last employment, interview and trade test are determine the hiring, Salary, benefits, and job level within it's company. 3 years from a Commis to CDP that very impressive. Which Company does your Partner go to??

Joined Jan 20, 2021
Where are you located? Different countries/locations have different requirements.
Never heard of this, but Yes. Certificates are must in some country to proved that you are certified food handlers and knowledgeable in culinary. but usually that a first step to enter professional culinary career. Also, there will be some company policies (hotels/resorts) where they have their own hiring policies and requirement. In the end of it, prove & track record of your last employment, interview and trade test are determine the hiring, Salary, benefits, and job level within it's company. 3 years from a Commis to CDP that very impressive. Which Company does your Partner go to??
She was working i
Where are you located? Different countries/locations have different requirements.
Hey chefwriter thank you for your advice. Sydney, Australia.

Joined Jan 20, 2021
She was working i

Hey chefwriter thank you for your advice. Sydney, Australia.

Hi chef Piya thank you for your reply. Crown Sydney , Yes she is in my opinion quite talented Passionate and obsessed but has lost some of that because she has dropped all the way back down to cook again. Can anything be done?

Top Bottom