Travel Tips after College?

Discussion in 'After Culinary School' started by joshgalambos, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Britain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Germany

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Portugal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. France

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. joshgalambos

joshgalambos

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    I'm venturing the ideas for trips after College and travel the world. Ive chosen that I could or so head to Europe. I find that Europe is the greatest choice to venture to. Good choice? I'm Not so sure. If you have a different idea, by all means pass on Info! 

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  2. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Ehh its just my opinion that so many grads want to travel to europe making the competition to get a good stage just a hell of alot harder. 

To be honest i wouldnt jump head first into france without having certainty that i would have a place to live, food to eat , and a job when i get there , simply because the competition is fierce. Do you have any idea how many grads actually attempt to live in france trying to get a stage or a full time job cooking , its hard trust me. 

I would probably go to france though if i had a hell of a good resume , and alot of experience under my belt. 

Remembering that the world is huge and food culture can be found anywhere. 

I have lived in NY and lived in Brasil , worked in bars , buffets , and now at a modern italian restaurant. 

If i were you i would first get a job , save up some money guaranteeing you wont starve in  a new country , and attempt to travel to any country in hopes of gaining more experience. 

Next year im going to the amazons , to plan on studying native cuisine for a month or two , after that who knows. 

Regardless thats my 2 cents spend them how u wish... 

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. joshgalambos

joshgalambos

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Thanks for the Two cents. I appreciate it, such a opener for me which shows that I have to attend more onto my cooking experience. I've gotten a Friend of mine, she spoke to me saying that heading to a area where there is a lot of fish and game brings out more attention and skills to work. I find that rather helpful and As for yours thank you.