Transporting catering dessert shooters

Joined Oct 18, 2015
Seeking advice on the experienced catering professionals!  Our business has recently added 2 oz dessert shooters to our catering offerings although we are seeking out the best possible way of transport of large catering events.  Previous issues we have ran into is keeping them upright and stable from kitchen to event.  Please let me know if you have any experience with certain products with this type of catering medium. 

Thank you!!

Joined Oct 18, 2015
They wil contain items such as mousses and curds. The glasses we are using are 2oz plastic dessert cups.
Thanks for your reply!

Joined Jun 27, 2012
We had custom drilled wooden holders for the waitresses to use during "shooter hour".

They were for the test tube shaped glasses but don't see why you couldn't make (or buy) something similar for a regular shooter shape.

Maybe from foam rubber or better yet the hard foam that florists use?

Sanitation might prove to be kinda hard......

mimi

Joined Jan 31, 2012
If you can keep the contents below the rim of the serving  cups, load as many as possible onto 

a full sized sheet pan, wrap (commercial grade) stretch wrap  tightly  ...all the way around.....

at least twice. Then slide into pre-chilled cambro box.  

If done properly, a gorilla and 2 chimpanzees couldn't spilll em...or even ME. 

Last edited:
Joined Mar 4, 2015
we have collars for our sheet pans when we make full sheet cakes. we usually fit the shooters on a sheet pan with one of those bad boys, fill any open space with parchment crumpled up to keep everything upright, and wrap everything up tight! tag the event/client name and off to the server fridge to await pickup. 

Joined Jul 28, 2001
I agree with those above me. We use sheet pans with 2 or 3 " collars. one wrap. Then invert a sheet to fit on top and over wrap the whole thing. You can rack them or even stack them up as high as you want as long as they are secured on the sides.

Top Bottom