Top Chef anyone?

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I like to watch because you get the nitty gritty personality after awhile.

They become every douche you ever worked with lol.

Fun to point and talk to the screen when you bust a sanitation foul or pretentious behavior.

Like @chefbuba  s cartoon.

mimi

Joined Jun 27, 2012
I thought I was over it as well but there are a couple of contestants that I have my eye on.

Curious to see how they handle the pressure.

mimi

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Halfway thru I had started pulling for Amar (but had a gut feeling that Jeremy was gonna take the title).

IDK pulling their mentors in to prep may have thrown Amar off (Charlie Palmer was his guy and they parted under not so great circumstances) as I wasn't feeling the love between Charlie and him.

At least he got a smile out of Tom re his Uni and Lobster risotto.

Nailed it.

mimi

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Ya, they really struggled with that. I hope next season the throw a tandoor oven into the mix! Or have them cook in an open hearth.

Joined Apr 25, 2014
They did live fire pioneer cooking ( i think old sturbridge village on the boston season) a few years ago. Big fails!

Joined Dec 18, 2010
I must have missed that episode. I LOVED the annual pilgrimage to Sturbridge when I grew up in MA.

That's a whole other way of cooking!

Last edited:
Joined Jun 27, 2012
All in all I enjoyed the season.

Almost 100% top shelf contestants and by the time they got to Vegas the 4 chefs who were left standing had genuine feelings for each other (to do well).

They all had that fire driven competitive spirit to walk off as Top Chef but you could tell they wanted all of their rivals to do well too.

The bar was raised and everyone brought their A game.

Kudos Padma and Tom on a game well played!

mimi

Joined Jun 27, 2012
They did live fire pioneer cooking ( i think old sturbridge village on the boston season) a few years ago. Big fails!
They used solar energy for a quick fire this season.

Naturally Grayson got some sort of solar oven and ruined her dish (I think they did that on purpose to get her into the "time to pack your knives" mindset).

She squeeked by during elimination but was booted the next time around.

mimi

Top Bottom