Too long window shopping!

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by joe78, Nov 4, 2015.

1. joe78

joe78

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I have been looking for a Santoku, have a very poor one,or  Nakiri, I have a tojiro dp I find harder to put and edge on it than my dp gyuto for some reason. Loved the look of the Itinomonn KU Bunka as a knife that could fill that void. They are out of stock now grrr. Will shortly be starting a new job and would love something like that to go in with. Any advice welcome, similar price range and able to get to the uk.

Thanks in advace

Joe

2. benuser

benuser

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Have a look at the remaining stuff at JCK, japanesechefsknife.com
    See the Hiromoto As santoku, keep it thin when you sharpen

3. joe78

joe78

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Just took a look equal or better knife in your opinion? Good price!! Hold on let me go back and check the shipping!!​

4. benuser

benuser

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Really can't say. Never handled this Itinomonn. And you should expect VAT and handling costs to be added with anything from outside the Union.
    All I can say is that the Hiromoto santoku is great, it's a wonderful steel when kept a bit on the softer side as does the Hiromoto maker, and that his last batches come very thin.

5. ones

ones

Exp:
    Home Chef
    I've got the Hiromoto AS santoku and I agree its great value. Love sharpening it. For mine, I only wish it had come with anything other than a western handle.