Tony Chachere's creole seasoning

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by kent wang, Apr 9, 2005.

1. kent wang

kent wang

I don't use any pre-mixed seasonings because it's kind of like cheating, the flavor is never that great, and it's usually fairly easy to make a superior blend on your own... except for Tony Chachere's creole seasoning. To me, it's the lone exception to all the pre-mixed seasonings out there that I can't improve upon myself. Yeah, I feel a little guilty every time I use it but it is pretty **** good.

What do you guys think? Do you also use any pre-mixed seasonings?

2. keeperofthegood

keeperofthegood

Hey oh

Curry powders and pastes, and chilli powders. Hmmm, bout it. Worchestershire sause, and Soya sauce if you want to concider those as a premixed liquide.... Hmmm.

Ya, I will sometimes make my own curry paste, and sometimes my own chilli powder, but it is just as easy to use premix. Really, the premix is also a bassis to start, and I do add a lot to them (usually).

3. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    I do make my own ras al hanout, my own "herbes de Provence," and use a different blend of spices for each dish when I cook Indian or Mexican or Italian food. But I have yet to duplicate Old Bay Seasoning. And why should I try? :p